cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed a new plan to 45 $ ,but the data on my phone is still cant be used. Why? What's wrong?

Luna
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed a new plan to 45 $ ,but the data on my phone is still cant be used. Why? What's wrong? 

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Oana_S wrote:

Hey @Luna,

If you`d like to add more mobile data until the end of the billing cycle, then we recommend to you to add a data add-on of 1 Gb via self-serve. Please let us know if you`d like to help you out with that, we`ll be more than happy to help you!

Best regards 🙂

Um...  @Oana_S?...Luna started this thread over 4 years ago. And hasn't posted in over 4 years either. You would be able to tell if that customer is even still here. I suspect they're long gone.

@Anonymous in fairness to @Oana_S, the thread was revived a day or two ago after four long years in the dirt (as you already pointed out 🙂 😞

@Anonymous wrote:

@danie_ditz wrote:

Just FYI in case anyone finds this thread and still has the problem...

Well you necro'd a 4 year old thread.

This is now the numero uno go to thread for all things Apple and data.

@srlawren 

danie_ditz was getting all enthusiastic about posting and good for him (her/it/them 🙂 ). Then he dragged this thread out of the deep and added a general info kind of post. Well fine. Then he ran off and posted the same thing in CalgaryBen's wonderful thread. Ok fine. Have at it.

Then Oana_S replied to the actual OP. Them being a full-on moderator...well I felt compelled to say something more. I know it's not my job but those more substantial participants should be able to be reminded that they need to be mindful of their activities. Orange PM folks, blue MOD folks, Oracles and a step down to even Mayors. After that...meh...whatever. Revive old threads...what do I care. danie_ditz was traipsing around posting all kinds of things. Again...good for him.

That's my story.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@Oana_S wrote:

Hey @Luna,

If you`d like to add more mobile data until the end of the billing cycle, then we recommend to you to add a data add-on of 1 Gb via self-serve. Please let us know if you`d like to help you out with that, we`ll be more than happy to help you!

Best regards 🙂

Um...  @Oana_S?...Luna started this thread over 4 years ago. And hasn't posted in over 4 years either. You would be able to tell if that customer is even still here. I suspect they're long gone.

@Anonymous in fairness to @Oana_S, the thread was revived a day or two ago after four long years in the dirt (as you already pointed out 🙂 😞

@Anonymous wrote:

@danie_ditz wrote:

Just FYI in case anyone finds this thread and still has the problem...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Oana_S wrote:

Hey @Luna,

Best regards 🙂

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hey ,

Best regards 🙂

vilepurpose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The data won't be started until the billing cycle date that you initially started on....so if you started paying for your plan on the 3rd then your data won't restart till the 3rd of the following month irregardless if you top up before the date you still have to wait till the billing cycle start date of the 3rd.

danie_ditz

Ha - clearly new to the community. WIll check the new thread!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@danie_ditz wrote:

Just FYI in case anyone finds this thread and still has the problem - I tried EVERY possible solution out there for my iPhone and couldn't get data to work. Finally I contacted the mod team on here, and they tried a few things but couldn't solve it. I asked them if they would please give me a credit so that I could use that money to go to an iPhone store to get it fixed. They were very kind and did so. So it's worth contacting them to troubleshoot and if it doesn't work as them to please credit you. They're nice 🙂

@danie_ditz wrote:

Just FYI in case anyone finds this thread and still has the problem - I tried EVERY possible solution out there for my iPhone and couldn't get data to work. Finally I contacted the mod team on here, and they tried a few things but couldn't solve it. I asked them if they would please give me a credit so that I could use that money to go to an iPhone store to get it fixed. They were very kind and did so. So it's worth contacting them to troubleshoot and if it doesn't work as them to please credit you. They're nice 🙂

@danie_ditz  Agreed, the mod team is fantastic

danie_ditz

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Luna,

Glad to hear that you fixed your DATA problem.

Luna
Hello,

Yeah,i solved the problem. To get the data to be used, everyone has the iphone with version 8.1.3 must updates to the 8.2 version which is the latest one. Then they will get all the setting as the website shown, and follow the settings, and the data can be used. That's it.Thank u all for your help.Cat LOL

Spoiler

Yuyu 

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

griff and cyber gave you the solution: check it out in here http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update/m-p/1610v

Luna

Yeah, my phone is on version of 8.1.3. Data still not work

@benwarez,

It is certain that it is always better to have the latest iOS version.

On my father's iPhone 5c, i could edit his APN when he was on iOS 8.0.2

benwarez

Are U sure, because one of PM teachees told me if iphone doesn't have latest 8.1.3 update cellular data won't accepte APN modification to PM carrier settings.

@benwarez, can you explain why?

As far as I know, iOS 8.1.3 is not mandatory to do this.

benwarez

Before setting PM APN on iphone, it has to be upgraded to iOS 8.1.3 ( can be done on iPHONES 4.S & later).

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@Luna,

If you have verified, rebooted and you still have no DATA, you may have to send an email to Public Mobile technical support.

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

Then click on "Email Us" and fill up the form.

An agent from Public Mobile will answer you in less than 24 hours.

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Luna,

Did you verified that you entered all requested informations in your APN as shown as below :

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Luna

Thanks all. I tried setting my iPhone .But it still doesn't work. I'm sad nowMan Sad

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Luna , if you add data with any provider, it doesn't start magically working when you add the data to your line. You have to input the proper settings for the Data work. Settings vary from phone to phone so do a search here or on google to get it to work.

Exception to what I said above, if your device is sold by the provider you have service with then most likely settings for that data are already there which case then it will magically start working

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ah alright, there's a post here called iPhone Update that should be able to help you configure the settings to get the data going. 

Luna

Thank you. But i have an iPhone . so how to set it? 

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Luna, when you were on your previous plan did you have data or was it a voice only plan?

Depending on the type of device you're using you may have to configure the data settings in order to access the internet, there's a post here on how to do it. You can also try power-cycling the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.