cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't remember my sim pin number; how can i obtain it or change it?

Sherrilynn01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, please forgive the long post. My old Samsung S7 finally crossed the rainbow bridge and a friend of mine gave me her old one. I inserted the sim card; I am a customer of public mobile and have been for almost 3 years. Anyways, when i turned the cell on i get the request to enter my sim pin number. I can not remember it. 

while i was waiting to pick up the samsung S7 i had used the public mobile sim card in an old htc desire cell without and issue.

Please help!!

15 REPLIES 15

Sherrilynn01

@Anonymous I told her everything she asked for.  I just did the text support thing and they IT guy gave me the pin in less than 5 minutes. It's up and running...thank you so much for your input.

Thanks to anyone else who gave suggestions as well. This community forum is awesome! Have a great morning, day, evening or night...where ever in the world you may be. 

@Sherrilynn01 wrote:

I just hung up from them. Was told to call back in 5 business days to see if the pin had been generated by the system🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

HI @Sherrilynn01   But they good news is that they agree to give you the PIN?

and just the bad news is that they need that many days to retrieve the PIN for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherrilynn01 : Did you tell them the exact message your phone gave? What PIN in what system? No wonder the shrug. Did you ask specifically to network-unlock the phone?

How about try:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

and use the chat thing in the lower right.

Sherrilynn01

I just hung up from them. Was told to call back in 5 business days to see if the pin had been generated by the system🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Sherrilynn01

I am on hold with them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherrilynn01 : No. Samsung call centre with the phone number I provided earlier.

@Sherrilynn01 wrote:

lol are you referring to the store?

Hi @Sherrilynn01   If it is Samsung device as well, why not just call Samsung support?

Sherrilynn01

lol are you referring to the store?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherrilynn01 : Why not just go straight to Samsung?

Sherrilynn01

thank you. i had to do the same thing when i switched from Bell to Public. wasn't sure if i needed to do the same thing again or have her contact Bell; which was her provider. i will update as soon as they reach me in que

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sherrilynn01 : Contact Samsung support and they'll give you an unlock code. The phone is locked to a previous provider. Rather than figuring all that out, Samsung has a nice easy way to get it done.

Edit: Call this number - 1-800-726-7864

Is your friend's phone unlocked? Who was friend's mobile provider?

Sherrilynn01

when i turn on my cell it says: SIM network unlock PIN .

you can enter then PIN if you know it {which i can't remember it} and click on unlock. but since i don't know it i click on dismiss and the upper left corner shows the following "Invalid SIM CARD. NETWORK LOCKED SIM CARD INSERTED".

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Are you looking for PUK code?

Find your PUK: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-find-your-puk

- SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

- SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI (dial *#06# to get it) and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

- PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds more like the friends S7 has the SIM security lock on it. But what is the exact message you're getting? There are different terms used.

Need Help? Let's chat.