cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t receive a call

claudiafu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I became a public mobile customer for over a week, all worked good and then suddenly II cannot receive incoming calls and it's been 4 days now, I reseted the Network Settings in my phone and still the same problem. I went to the apple store and they check my phone and it has no problem and they did a factory reset and still the same problem. I check my self serve account and it says Active.Today I got a new SIM card and same problem. I transfered the new SIM card to another phone and same problem. Please help

17 REPLIES 17

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you @softech for reminding me to ask for reimbursement they gave me $10 for the SIM card I can't return...it's better than nothing but I can't help but be disappointed that they didn't give me more since of course there is taxes I had to pay for the SIM card not to mention all the down time from not being able to receive calls from whatever caused the problem to begin with on their end...

TheGx

Yeah haha...well now I'll ask for reimbursement and I'll keep everyone posted on if I get it🍻

TheGx

No I never did but I think I will now that you mention it thank you🍻

@TheGx   if voice is the only issue but data and text work, likely not a sim card problem.

Since they asked you to buy a sim card but did not fix the problem, did you ask for reimbursement of the cost?

@TheGx 

Glad that you finally got service again. I am surprise that a CS_Agent would tell you to buy another SIM…SIM rarely go wrong.🤔

TheGx

So what happened is just suddenly all my incoming calls where going to voicemail without even ringing at all while mobile data and text were working fine plus I could dial out...anyways after checking my phone settings to make sure nothing was blocking the calls like do not disturb etc and posting in this thread I took @BKNS27  advice to contact customer support agent...they told me to try resetting network settings and they reset things on their end and nothing worked so finally they told me to try buying new SIM card so I did...anyways the new SIM card solution didn't work and they said they were trying to get my old SIM card working again and then suddenly everything worked again which they explained was just a delay in the system being reset from their end...only bad thing is this new extra SIM I just bought and all the time it took to fix and that I don't even know what caused the initial problem to begin with...but at least it's finally working again...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@claudiafu 

I am caught by the part of your message which reads, "... Today I got a new SIM card and same problem. I transfered the new SIM card to another phone ...

Throughout this clearly frustrating process of you not being able to receive calls, did you perform a SIM change on the self-serve account?  What prompted this?  Did an agent of Public Mobile or TELUS recommend you purchase a new SIM and change it?

If you're not receiving these incoming calls, are they at least ending up in your voicemail if the callers go that far?  If you're unsure, try calling your number from another device and see how far the call goes, or what audible messaging is heard by the caller.

If so, try these general-type fixes which could be related to device settings (though i admit, you may likely require customer support to fix this on an account basis...)

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

@TheGx wrote:

I currently can't recieve calls all of a sudden too I've been using Pubic without issue for years now...

@TheGx   can you make outgoing calls and does Mobile works? is it just incoming calls an issue? do you see the phone connected to PM?

Try to change the Prreferred network Type or Network Mode to 3G only (or WCDMA) and see if incoming calls work

Also, try your phone in different area in the morning, it could be just a local network issue where you are now

TheGx

Ok thanks man I'll do that was hoping it would just solve itself but I've waited long enough now haha🍻

@TheGx 

No worries, a friend decided to reply to the text 4 hours late. The CS_Agent fixed it for him the next day.

Just type in create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of page or private message them on the envelope icon above.

Their hours are from 6:00am to 10:00pm EST but go ahead and contact them now and keep your eyes on the envelope icon for their reply.

TheGx

I currently can't recieve calls all of a sudden too I've been using Pubic without issue for years now...I'm wondering if something wrong with the system somehow...I've checked all phone settings and reset the phone too...

@claudiafu wrote:

I think I missed the 90 minute window. what is the contact a CS_Agent? I am lost 😞

@claudiafu  CS_Agent (Customer Support Agent or CSA) are public mobile representatives. We are all customers and members like you here, and have no access anyone's accounts.

You will need to restart the porting process.

When you call your number from another line do you get your voicemail from your previous provider? Just making sure it is still active.

claudiafu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I missed the 90 minute window. what is the contact a CS_Agent? I am lost 😞

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@claudiafu - I am guess this is an issue with a failed port. Did you cancel your previous provider's services? If so, you should not have, you need the account active in order to port successfully over to Public Mobile. And when the port is successful, the previous account will be cancelled automatically.

If you did cancel your previous provider's account, can you reactivate it and restart the port process?

You can restart the porting process by submitting a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA); click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

If you did not port over, please let us know.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@claudiafu 

I am assuming that you replied to the text from your previous carrier confirming with Yes with the old SIM in your phone. You need to reply to the text within 90 minutes after you receive the text.

If you did then reboot your phone by powering the phone off.

If you didn't or missed the 90 minute window then contact a CS_Agent to look into it for you. There maybe a privisional issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@claudiafu so, you sure you were getting incoming calls and text on thr first couple days?? A stuck port could cause no incoming calls to your PM sim.

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins. Did you reply thr text to your old provider?

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  O suggest yiu to call them tomorrow morning to confirmporting was indeed completed (the porting helpdesk is closed for the night).  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@claudiafu  You may need support to reprovision the SIM card 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.