cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't reactivate my account!

phunction
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Once again a lack of any warning emails my account was going to be cancelled today, but I am trying to reactivate today and it won't let me, shouldn't I still have today to activate?

28 REPLIES 28

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@phunction wrote:

I think they did but it has been a few years so not sure.

@phunction 

Create a support ticket for CSA to check your number just in case you got your number from PM.

phunction

I think they did but it has been a few years so not sure.

popping

@phunction 

If PM did not gave your your number, it will be difficult to get your number back as PM has no access to a number owned by another provider.

phunction

I wish PM communicated better, I just have the one text, and then 16 more from PM after that until the end of December advertising promotions (so it looks like all is well), not to mention the many other spam text messages. It is very easy to miss that one text.

They should text at least once a month and maybe send an email or two, would be helpful.

So basically I am screwed and can't get the number back?

popping

@phunction wrote:

Actually, wouldn't that make Oct10 the first day of day 90? So it is only 89 days since last day of service.

If you missed a payment on Oct 10, the October and December months has 31 days.  Therefore, your 90th day from Oct 10 is today.  PM server is working a midnight shift ET time to process payment and renewal.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@phunction 

You get that text the morning your renewal fails which is day 1 of a new 30 day cycle.

phunction

Oct 9, but why would that be the first day of day 90? Doesn't PM charge on the last day of service? Days should start counting the day after your last day of service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@phunction 

What day did you recieve the text that autopay failed? October 9th or 10th? If it was October 9th that would be day 1 of your 90 days making yesterday January 6th day 90.

phunction

Are you contacting me?

popping

@phunction 

You may be right if your account is a postpaid account.  Even if you did not pay for your service for a few months.  Your account may not be canceled.  But PM is a prepaid service provider and you had 90 days to reactivate your account.

As soon as an account was cancel, your phone number will be sent back to the provider who issue you the number.  If your number is not issued by PM/Telus/Koodo.  It is out of PM control and is hard to get it back.  All cancel numbers will be in the waiting pool of the respective provider for a period of times(usually up to 90 days.) During this waiting period, the chance of getting it back is easier because it is not re-assigned to another person.

phunction

Actually, wouldn't that make Oct10 the first day of day 90? So it is only 89 days since last day of service.

phunction

It looks like Oct9, so today is 90 days.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@phunction 

I will discuss privately your options but I've been in your position....when was your last paid day of service?

phunction

Yes, today is day 90, it clearly says you have 90 days so I should be able to reactivate today until 11:59PM.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@phunction 

Today is day 90? You have to reactivate before day 90. Or you had until 6am eastern on day 90 to reactivate. You get 6 hours of leeway but that's it. I will send you a private message but if you had a rewards account that part of your service is gone forever I'm afraid.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hopefully a moderator will rely to you soon and sort this out. This sounds unusual. I’ve never had any issues like this. 

phunction

I guess it was supposed to be cancelled today, it was just chance that I happened to find that one notice about a problem. I thought I would still have today to reactivate. I really wish they would send out more than one text message, at least send some emails or anything. So much sms spam it is very easy to miss that one text.

DDM69

Why was your account going to be cancelled today?  Can you give us more details?

phunction

I can't it won't let me login to my account anymore.

@phunction 

So the last renewal did not get taken from your credit card? Is the credit card expiry date close to approaching?

If not, just make a manual payment equal to or greater than your plan amount and resume service. You may have to reboot your phone or reset network connections or toggle airplane mode on and off after doing so.

phunction

Ask public mobile.

DDM69

What do you mean “once again’?

Why is your account closed?

phunction

It was setup with auto pay, I went through a ton of spam texts and saw ONE from public mobile in Oct that a payment did not go through. Just ONE notice (no emails), yet still lots of Public mobile spam texts all the way until end of december so it makes it look like there is nothing wrong.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@phunction 

If available, why not set up auto pay so you don't have to worry about this?

Otherwise, set your calendar to 28 days from the date of every renewal and make sure to add funds equivalent to or more than the plan amount BEFORE day 29 to be certain they're there. 

phunction

The phone says there is no service. It sounds like they went ahead an cancelled my account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@phunction @if your remember you pin # can do it with *611

phunction

Not sure what browser incognito mode will do. I can't login to my account, reset password or anything. I already submitted a ticket but doubt I will get an answer today and today is apparently the last day.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @phunction I would open  ticket with cs agent first as a proof while you continue to try 

you can wait an hour first, then try again using Private/Incognito/secret  mode, or try with desktop computer 

or you can get a voucher from Shoppers drug mart and load using *611.

Need Help? Let's chat.