cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a sim card plus 2 vouchers...

Pellki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a sim card plus 2 vouchers, I want to activate my sim using my vouchers as payment but it doesn't give me the option and I can't create an account either... How do I do this???

12 REPLIES 12

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

It's an accessibility and discrimination issue and pm should be taken to task for it.

If you meant turning away (or discouraging) those without credit card is an  accessibility and discrimination issue, then I do not agree on this.

Afterall, businesses are allowed to make choices.  Postpaid providers can and will turn away if you don't have a credit card or unable to pass the credit check (although the bar for the credit check in fact is usually pretty low).   And keep in mind, voucher activation and payment are still doable, just a bit more trouble.   🙂

Pellki

I just got a reply... I guess they saw I complained on here lol

@Pellki    unfortunately response time varies.  They usually reply within 2 hours during the day, tend to be very slow during evening hours.   😞

Pellki

They replied to me about 10 minutes after I sent my request. I answered all the information necessary they asked. It's been over 40 min and still no reply back, or confirmation.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

It's an accessibility and discrimination issue and pm should be taken to task for it.

@darlicious   it is not a predictable stream of income.  People can forget to buy voucher and missed a day or two. 

But with Autopay , assuming it never fails 😅, it is predicable and reliable.  Also, add to the fact that people "cancel" the accounts and forgot to disable Autopay, those certainly make some decent "bonus"

Of course, as I said, PM has forgotten their unique  market, those with credit issue and no credit card.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I don't see how a voucher is unreliable.....and once purchased pm has the funds. All prepaid providers offer a "cash" option to pay for services. As far as I know pm is the only prepaid provider that restricts this option for customers at activation. To top it off they have not informed all telus and koodo employees selling pm Sim cards that vouchers cannot be used at activation (technically) and were likely required by law to make an option to activate via voucher.....thus the method they have currently set up thru customer support.

@darlicious   PM realizes voucher is not reliable. People might have forgotten to load, account got suspended for days, that more or less affects PM's income, So, they chose to go with credit card activation and a "tougher" way to remove to assure a constant, and more expectable revenue..   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Automatically registering the credit card used for the activation just exasperates the issue along with requiring customer support to remove the card on file. That alone would discourage nearly everyone willing to use their credit card to help out someone without an eligible payment card.

@darlicious   you are right.. they have parked the gear to reverse on this

PM is prepaid provider.  Prepaid provider has a special market, those without credit card, new immigrants or those with credit issue.  So, these group of people needs prepaid provider badly.  But how can they activate PM without a credit card?    🤔

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pellki 

Follow @softech's instructions to activate with vouchers....so stupid that pm eliminated this option when going back to their online only model. Completely backwards thinking?!! If you have a friend or family member willing to activate using their credit card I can supply a $0 visa gift card to easily replace their credit card that gets automatically registered for autopay upon activation. If you live in Vancouver I can help you activate personally if you so desire.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pellki 

yes, you can use your voucher to activate  but not on the Activation portal directly. It involves a but of work:

1. Open ticket with PM support by direct message them.  Give them the sim card number. 
  2. PM support reply and ask you for an email address used for the activation (login for My Account).   They will activate the account with the sim card but the account will have status SUSPENDED.  You will get a login and password. 
  3. Once the account is setup, you can login and load your voucher to finally activate the service.

Please open ticket with Pm Support by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.