cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to register but Public Mobile will not accept my gmail email address

garymasters
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

10 REPLIES 10

NanceC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In this case, it was not an alias email. In gmail, it doesn't matter whether you put in a . or not, the addresses are functionally the same. 

@NanceC wrote:

When something similar happened to me, I got it to accept my gmail address when I deleted the . in the name part of it: 

name.name @gmail.com was not accepted, but namename @gmail.com was (without the space before the @, of course).

At various points in history, the use of alias e-mail addresses has led to some issues.  You likely had to use an address that wasn't an alias of another e-mail address (if that's why there's a period in the address).  There also could be issues if the address is long and has many characters.

NanceC

When something similar happened to me, I got it to accept my gmail address when I deleted the . in the name part of it: 

name.name @gmail.com was not accepted, but namename @gmail.com was (without the space before the @, of course).

mnadarasah

just use any email then you can change it later

garymasters

Thanks, I will try that.

garymasters

No I have been on Rogers and am trying to move to PU. No luck so far.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did you ever use it with koodo or public before?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sometimes there are technical issues on log in and register pages on many websites. Best to wait several minutes and try again. That's been my experience.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Clear your cache and cookies the reboot.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@garymasters 

I have 6 PM accounts using gmail address.

Restart your browser, start a new session and try it again.

Need Help? Let's chat.