cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not receiving any sms for 2FA nor receiving any incoming calls

monicavc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am neither receiving any calls nor receiving any sms.

I have been told every time people try calling me they get this phone number is not available.

this is very annoying 

4 REPLIES 4

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

in my personal experience in all my time here, some companies 2FA texts never work with public mobile while others work just fine, the way around it I've found is to have the 2FA bot call you if the option is available. 

On some devices you still need to manually configure the carrier or network or operator. Then restart.

If this is a new activation (or number port) then it may take some time for everything on the network to set itself up properly. Usually a few hours. Sometimes a few days.

The phone might be in an area without service. It might even have a nearly-flatlined weak battery or broken radio or something. But if you restart it and see the "Public Mobile" or "Telus" banner at the top (along with at least one or two signal bars) then communications with the network are evidently working.

2FAs are usually sent by dull, staid, plodding, unimaginative corporations or institutions. They'll always use unexciting plaintext SMS with no bells and whistles. If you have iMessage, RCS, or some other texting app which has extended features and functions then you'll often need to disable them (and use boring standard SMS protocols) to ensure 2FA messages work properly.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

When did you activate @monicavc ?

Your community start date was in February 2022.

If February 2022 was your activation date and this was a port request upon activation, then by now, I imagine your port would have long failed.

Can you log into your self serve account and check the phone number listed under the Plan and Addons TAB?

If it was not the number you expect it to be, then you were likely given a new number after a port failed.

Is your previous provider's account still active? If so, try the porting process again by going to the Change Number option under the My Profile section.

If you did not activate with a transferred over phone number request, try one or more of the below:

• turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot
  • removing your SIM, then reinserting it
  • go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode
  • perform a reset network settings on your device

edit:

Or, is there more information you can provide that may us help you here?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@monicavc   you just activated and ported your number over?  If so, how long was the activation?  did you receive a text from your old provider and did you reply YES to approve the porting of them number?

no worry if you missed that,.  Thre is a number to call to talk to live support and get that resolved.  Will message you the number to your Community inbox on the top right, envelope icon.

Need Help? Let's chat.