cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am currently $120/12GB/90 days LTE Plan

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi to eveyone.

I haven't autorenewed my plan which was up for renewal 3 days ago. It shows plan expired as of today.

I am travelling now. I will be back in Canada in 1-2 months. I have $30 in total loyality and referall credits every 90 days. So, Can I just pay my balance when I back in Canada or my plan will not be renewed the same or I will lose all creadits ? 

Any help on this member? 

17 REPLIES 17

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@srlawren @stonechucker My question does not apply to OP's case because OP has only $30 balance and the plan requires $120, and so just by turning off AutoPay, renewal will not happen until sufficient payment is made. 

Because PM offered promos such as get the next 30 days free, these credits/balance are enough to cover the renewal. Usually people don't keep balance, but promos like $25 refer a friend, someone might have alot of balance. So when someone has enough balance to cover the renewal, does the system renew the plan automatically? Is there a way someone can pause the renewal for vacation? I mentioned a couple of ways such as purchase an add-on just to reduce the balance to less than what the plan costs. Or may be by reporting phone as stolen, system does not go through renewal?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@srlawren Question is what would happen if someone has $120 balance already and do not want to renew? Disabling AutoPay will not disable auto-renew. 

@stonechucker for me it was this reply from @NDesai:

@NDesai wrote:

@srlawren Question is what would happen if someone has $120 balance already and do not want to renew? Disabling AutoPay will not disable auto-renew. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I must have read 4 times...  when did things change?

srlawren

@stonechucker I think you're making the same assumption I made--that the person is starting with no or very little Available Funds balance; unfortunately, it sounds like that is not the case and there is enough to pay for the next renewal already.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

If the plan is already in expired or suspended with the $30 balance, rewards will not accumulate until a plan is deactivated.  It sounds like AutoPay has either already been removed, or it was not setup previously, and the OP is out of Canada already.

Assuming the OP returns prior to 90 days expired, topping up the remaining $90 should be no problem at all.

srlawren

@NDesai wrote:

@NDesai ah okay, I missed that detail (TL;DR haha).  I'd probably suggest the OP contact the moderators to see what options may or may not be available to them.  For example, if they have a friend or family member on PM (whom is not going to be away with them), they could ask the mods to transfer the available funds balance to that person rather than lost it to an unwanted renewal and 90 days of unusable service.  

srlawren

I'm not sure about lost or stolen either, as *knock on wood* I've yet to have the misfortune to need to use that feature.

Regarding the renewal:  maybe I'm missing something here.  Is the concern that the $30 in rewards will eventually accumulate enough to pay for the full $120 plan and an unwanted renewal will happen?  I *think*--and someone correct me if I'm wrong here--the first month, the $30 would get applied toward the renewal, but as long as AutoPay is disabled (and I'd remove your credit card info for extra safety), the renewal should not succeed due to insufficient funds, and the account should get suspended.  After that point, until it's actually reactivated by making a manual payment for the remaining amount, I *believe* that the rewards will not be awarded while it's suspended.  

Now, I may have misunderstood--is there already an available funds balance that is of concern?

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@ShawnC13

If I have enough fund in my account to pay for my next renewal, will PM taking money from my account on my next renewal date even if I disable the autopay on my account?

Yes it will as on renewal date it will take funds from available funds and community rewards and apply them first, so if you have enough to cover it your plan will renew.  You may have to message the moderators to see what options you have.

I would love to know the answer to this as well.  Please report back. I am wondering if you put your phone as lost stolen if that will stop the renewal.  I know it doesn't stop the current plan.

At the risk of looking dumb, I am the first to admit I don't know what lost or stolen phone function does.  The plan isn't really halted with change in renewal date.  The knowledge base is silent about this feature.

Now not positive but I think that the lost or stolen phone only de-activates the sim so if someone finds it or the theif is unable to use it.  Again not sure but that is what I thought it did.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@ShawnC13

If I have enough fund in my account to pay for my next renewal, will PM taking money from my account on my next renewal date even if I disable the autopay on my account?

Yes it will as on renewal date it will take funds from available funds and community rewards and apply them first, so if you have enough to cover it your plan will renew.  You may have to message the moderators to see what options you have.

I would love to know the answer to this as well.  Please report back. I am wondering if you put your phone as lost stolen if that will stop the renewal.  I know it doesn't stop the current plan.

At the risk of looking dumb, I am the first to admit I don't know what lost or stolen phone function does.  The plan isn't really halted with change in renewal date.  The knowledge base is silent about this feature.

Ah, that could be a solution that has not been mentioned for a while now. But i am not completely sure if the renewal will not go through. May be @srlawren or @Luddite can confirm this.

Another way to stop renewal from happening (when you have enough balance) is by purchasing a cheapest add-on just to use some available balance. When the rewards+balance is not enough to renew, account will sit on suspended. 

I read some post saying that add-on will not have an expiry date until used.  If this is true, buying 200MB add-on is the best solution to stop renewal.

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@ShawnC13

Ah, that could be a solution that has not been mentioned for a while now. But i am not completely sure if the renewal will not go through. May be @srlawren or @Luddite can confirm this.

Another way to stop renewal from happening (when you have enough balance) is by purchasing a cheapest add-on just to use some available balance. When the rewards+balance is not enough to renew, account will sit on suspended. 

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@ShawnC13

mimmo

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@ShawnC13

@popping wrote:

@ShawnC13

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@popping wrote:

@ShawnC13

I believe the renewal will go through.  Auto pay involves taking funds from a payment card when there are insufficient funds from other sources such as funds already in the account and rewards which convert to funds just ahead of renewal. 

popping

@ShawnC13

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@prasprime wrote:

Hi to eveyone.

I haven't autorenewed my plan which was up for renewal 3 days ago. It shows plan expired as of today.

I am travelling now. I will be back in Canada in 1-2 months. I have $30 in total loyality and referall credits every 90 days. So, Can I just pay my balance when I back in Canada or my plan will not be renewed the same or I will lose all creadits ? 

Any help on this member? 

Your plan can sit inactive/suspended for 90 days before it is closed and at that time you would lose your Promo plan and phone number.  If you are gone less than 90 days you should have no issues coming back and reactivating your current plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.