cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accepted the port request now I want to stay with Public Mobile itself.

Tapan676
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Team,

I put up a port request and now I want to stay with Public Mobile itself. What do I do? The due date to change I requested was 10th of June!

13 REPLIES 13

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tapan676 

How did things work out?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676 

Also for others and future reference....changing the name on the account for a port request already submitted but scheduled to occur at a later time and/or date will not suffice if already approved. Suspending the service via lost/stolen on the scheduled porting date and then contacting the provider who has submitted the port request to cancel the port request followed by contacting pm customer support to confirm the port request has been cancelled before resuming service via lost/stolen is the only way to be assured the phone number will not be ported out and the account closed. Cancelling the port request and the service within 14 days of entering a postpaid "contract" of services rendered can be done at no cost to the customer.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tapan676 

Can you still log into your self serve account? If so then log in and go to edit profile. Change your name on the account to something completely different from yours....Rita Moreno? Brad Pitt? Since porting requires these 3 elements of information to be correct:

1. Name on account.
  2. Phone #.
  3. Account #, Account PIN # or IMEI #. (whichever one is used to port)

You only have control over one of these elements so if contacting the "new" provider to cancel the port for some reason is overlooked and they put the port request in (that you say you have already approved) the name not matching the account info should cause the port to fail. For extra assurance you could also suspend via lost/stolen** for the day on July 10th. 

**Your rewards will not apply upon renewal. You must contact customer support after renewal to have them apply your rewards manually.

Where are you getting this date from? There isn't a method to schedule a port-out for a particular day. Your subject line and some of your replies seem to say you started a port out and replied yes to the confirmation. It's at that point that it's done at this end. The receiving provider might notice some kind of error in the information provided. That's for them to know and for you to ask them.

Are your services still working here?

@Tapan676 

As you have said that porting is set to complete on July 10, you need to contact the carrier who you requested to number ti be transferred to and and ask them to stop the request. I am confusd though as you said that you already replied "yes" to the request.  I would not think that message would have been sent to you yet based on that.

Send a message to moderator...include as much account info as you can. (phone number, account number, plan renewal date etc.)..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Tell them you initiated a port request but have now decided to stay with PM....(a wise move on your part, I might add !!)

Tapan676

Number isn't fully ported, It will be ported on July 10th. So, I want to stop the process before that. How do I do it?

@Tapan676 

Unfortunately once you port out as others have noted but you can double check by login to account. If you can't login then your account is closed.

You will need to purchase a new SIM and start from scratch and port back your number to PM.

Just curious why you decided to port out of PM in the first place?

@Tapan676 wrote:

I have replied YES but I gave the date as 10th June. However, I want to stay with Public Mobile itself. How do I undo that ?

If the number fully transfered over, you can't do as you ask.  Porting out closed your Public Mobile account  As stated earlier, you could activate a new Public Mobile account, and if you choose to, you could also port your number back to Public Mobile..

Tapan676

I have replied YES but I gave the date as 10th June. However, I want to stay with Public Mobile itself. How do I undo that ?

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tapan676 

If you didn't reply yes to the porting request text you are okay. Try logging into your self-serve account if you can still log in you're still a customer. If your plan is suspended just make a manual top up to reactivate your service.

Once a number has been ported from Public Mobile to another carrier, your Public Mobile gets permanently closed.  You can become a Public Mobile customer again, but the procedure to so that is the same as anyone else becoming a new customer.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tapan676 If you requested portong out  PM would have sent you a text for your approval, if you habe never reply YES to it, then no need to worry

The number won't be ported without your YES reply within 90 mins. Since the request was dro. couple days ago, if you still have service with PM at the moment , you are safe

Need Help? Let's chat.