cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Need to recharge my mobile phone but I can’t - HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Yaqueline
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a pre-paid Sim Card in Vancouver Canada on February 1st, 2022. I was on vacation because I am from Peru. I am going to return to Canada in July and I would like to continue with the same phone number and continue with Public Mobile. How can I charge or recharge my mobile phone since I am in Peru and not in Canada?. I can pay online but I can't activate the recharge because I have the sim card here in Peru and there is no signal to receive text messages.

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Yaqueline  - you cannot recharge/top up your account because..why, cannot log into self serve?

Do you have access to your self serve account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/. ? This is likely the be the best way to manage your account status while outside of North America, since you also have your SIM card with you.

If you have never created a self serve account, than ask ask Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) to help you set one up so you can manage your account online. CSA can be contacted by either two methods, found here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

See help articles on suspended and reactivating accounts/services: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=suspend

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Great point unless there was a great promo which is unlikely, since there are currently promos going on now. This is prob the route I would suggest as well. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yaqueline   I am just wondering, you only used the line/number for one month, why you want to pay extra and all the effort to keep the number?

Why not just let the account close permanently (as a result of non-payment for 90 days) and the number goes away.?   When you are back in Canada, just activate PM again with a new account, a new SIM card and pick a new number.  If you activate instore, the mobile store will likely be able to give you the new SIM for free.   Less work, no need to spend extra.  I will assume you are not that attach to the number yet  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yaqueline 

Did you set up your self serve account? If you activated online then you did...if you activated in store then you would have to have completed set up by getting a 6 digit alphanumeric code texted to your phone. You will have to to pay and reactivate your service at the latest in the last week of May (around the 25th to be safe). Loading vouchers via 1 855 4PUBLIC or online top ups will reactivate your service automatically so choose your top up date wisely and confirm your account status is active or immediately contact customer support to help reactivate your service.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yaqueline   I think your SIM card was activated on Feb 1 , expired on Mar 2 (30 days after).  Assuming you didn't pay extra to renew, the plan is now suspended and will be suspended until May 31.  If you don't renew by May 31, your account would have been closed and the number will be gond

Question is, did you setup a Self-serve My Account setup?  If so, you can login to My Account and reload the account to reactivate  (before May 31) for another 30 days to keep the number alive.  You can just reactivate for 30 days and then let the account goes into suspension for another 90 days.  That should give you enough time to come back Canada (July)

But another question, do you have a credit card issued by Canadian or US Financial Institutions?  You need a card like that to pay online via your Self-serve My Account.  If not , you would need to buy online voucher and load the voucher via Self-Serve My Account

So, first thing, critical, If you did not activate a Self Serve My Account, you cannot do so yourself now.  Maybe try to private message PM Support to see if they can help setup the account that way since you cannot receive text. 

to open ticket with PM Support:, message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yaqueline 

You can keep your account suspended for up to 90 days. To play it safe pay and reactivate by day 85. You can get your basic account info and load voucher funds by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number. Then press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #.

You can download a voip # like textnow or fongo and choose a Canadian # to make free calls. Here is some additional info on suspending your service...

Spoiler
  1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. Moderator/CSA contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your voip number  before you leave Canada.. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your voip number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

To contact customer support click below:

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Need Help? Let's chat.