I CANT SEND PHOTOS OR TEXT

billxxxxxxxxxxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

provide me with a phone number to contact you with or i am gone

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@billxxxxxxxxxxx 

I'm curious....even if public mobile had a phone number to call if it would help? Would you just call it and when you got a live agent you would just say "Fix my text messages!" and hang up?

We nor pm customer support cannot help you if you don't hang around long enough to get help and answer some questions. I'm afraid the Amazing Kreskin doesn't work for pm or hang out in the community anticipating customers needs but you could also start with the make and model of phone. You may need to edit your APN or update your carrier profile.

That's my best impression I can do.....

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@billxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

provide me with a phone number to contact you with or i am gone

@billxxxxxxxxxxx  - are all your other services working okay..just the sending /receiving MMS?

If you use iMessage (iphone) or Chat Features (android) and you are out of data this could affect your MMS from sending or receiving.

Check your overview section to see if you are showing a data line listed. If the line is not showing this normally means you used it all up.

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

If iphone, ensure you have SMS and MMS enabled in the settings of your device.

If android, check to see if you have Chat Features turned on. If so, I suggest you turn them off so you are not dependant on data or wifi for sending / receiving messages.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

JL9
Mayor / Maire

hopefully a CSA assisted you, if not good luck with your new carrier. Unfortunately the cookie cutter threat to the community (who are just customers like yourself) to do something that doesn't exist won't do anything or change the process that exists here. Wish you well either way.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@billxxxxxxxxxxx 

Sorry, no phone number! It's how PM keeps their prices low. You just have to send a private message to a CS_Agent, or start a live chat.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@billxxxxxxxxxxx...

your continued patience will pay off.

There's no phone-in customer support here at PM.

Follow suggestions provided and let us know when it starts working and what you did to get it working.

Starting with suggestion provided by @hTideGnow  and @Yummy  Does that help you ?

edit

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It sounds like you didn’t research Public Mobile before signing up. The community is made up of other customers helping each other out.  Someone here will have a resolution for you if you are courteous and patient. This is why the pricing is so good. 

Threatening to end your service won’t help. 

@Yummy wrote:

In order to send/receive MMS you have to have your DATA on.

All support is done by email or by customers like you - here.

Public Mobile does not provide support over e-mail (nor over phone), although support is provided online though this website. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @billxxxxxxxxxxx   is your voice calls working?

If you are sending MMS, you will need to have your Mobile Data turned on

If you have set to send iMessage or RCS instead of traditional sms, you will need to enable wither Wifi or Mobile Data.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

In order to send/receive MMS you have to have your DATA on.

All support is done by email or by customers like you - here.

Need Help? Let's chat.