cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Fiona Nova Scotia

jennihouse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My cell data is stocked up but not working (slower than dial up or random). My phone bars are 1 but go to 2 if switch off lte onto 3g. Is it just me and I need fix or is it overloaded system?

9 REPLIES 9

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It likely is a capacity issue with everyone using mobile data now that wireline internet is down. Same situation here in NL when Rogers cable internet was down back in July, the LTE network in my neighborhood was nearly unusable with full bars most of the day.. 

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing mobile service issues @jennihouse .

My services, well sucked, for nearly a day and 1/2 after hurricane hit; understandably with the damage and all. I can live without wifi/data for some time, but the worst was calling and texting issues.

But, you still are out of power and towers seem affected by you. :(. Not much you can do unfortunately, but wait for those networks to be repaired and up and running again. I betcha other mobile users in your area are affected like you.

Try restarting your phone, or toggle into/out of airplane mode to help refresh your network occasionally.

Perhaps try manually selecting the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network, or see what other options are on your device and test those, in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) to see if anything improves.

Take care.

jennihouse

My assumption is overloaded system. Hoping to hear from fellow Maritimers to confirm. If system, makes sense, but if just me or one area want to report for service when have access again:)

jennihouse

Thanks for options. Internet/wifi down so even when run generator no access to voip. Cancelled land line years ago because so old could not hear anything but static and bell refused to fix. So paid for increased data on cell in case of disasters. 

jennihouse

That came across as rude. I am not trying to stream netflix. I am trying to check on friends, cancel my work appointments and track cleanup progress and volunteer opportunities to help out.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As you mention --- the problem is an overloaded system. At least you do have internet so make the best of it until things get back to normal.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you really expect superb service when major, major storm hits Eastern Canada?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am guessing there is no wifi if power is out and no generator, it very well could be a strain on the network due to the number of ppl using data.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jennihouse   honest, it could be a problem with the network over tehre.

You have Wifi?  If so, try using VoIP app like TextNow to make calls

And open ticket with PM Support so they are aware of the issue and can confirm if any known network trouble in the area:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.