cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view minutes used per month?

jvanwass
New in Town / Nouveau en Ville

Hi there, 

I'm considering switching to a lower plan as I don't talk on the phone that much. How can I view my total minutes used per month for the last few months? I only saw the per call breakdown and dont want to have to add them all up manuallly.

Thanks,

Jacob

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jvanwass 

If you don't talk all that much just go into your call history/ recent calls and just add up the history of each contact/caller for the last month or two. You can skip any of the  1-800/toll free numbers, incoming only etc....and just concentrate on the history of each caller and round up to the nearest minute your outgoing calling.

This will give you a general idea of your average monthly outgoing calling.....and who you can get to call you instead should you go forward with the $15 plan. Or look at it this way.....with 100 outgoing minutes and a $5/500min add on thats 10 hours of outgoing talk time. If you don't exceed that you're saving money. 

Screenshot_20210929-192120~2.png

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esjliv wrote:

@barrascuk wrote:

Look at your activity in your My Account. Also the top tabs in the columns you can tap and get a more useful sort to make your observations. 

I do have an excel program to copy and paste to ... if you like ... let me know. 

I track my voip.ms on another spreadsheet that tells me how many inbound and outbound minutes we use. That enabled me to choose the best deal here to replace voip.ms. For me it was the $15 plan plus $5 for 500 inbound minutes. 

It is good you are going to study to confirm what is best for you and allows better budgeting. Good on you!!!

@barrascuk - I started out with copy and pasting all my usage for quite a while. It was very informative, but time consuming. I broke away with that method. 😳

I "was" too. But I left it in my excel spread sheet. At a point you have to ask your self......what do I need this for? Do I need the info?

I do find on voip.ms it easier as you can pick the dates and every page has the summary of what you want. By these handy dandy choices. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 5.21.21 PM.png

And after you select...you can search a name or number that calls you. There are a few things at voip.ms that I would like to see here....but....it won't happen. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jvanwass 

When you're on anything above the $15 minute-limited plan, your minute usage does not display as @esjliv indicated.  It's too bad a counter isn't displayed for all plans - oh well.

Here's what I'd recommend:

You can view your calling history on your device.   View the device logs for a 30-day period to calculate the total minutes you're consuming.  Remember that any calls which exceed a full minute will register the next minute as Public Mobile bills by the minute, not second.

If you find you're fine with the $15 plan with 100 outgoing minutes (all incoming calls are FREE), then go for it.  Worst case, you can add a cheap $5.00 add-on for an additional 500 minutes which will remain on the account until they're consumed.  (EDIT:    as @esjliv also provided... 😉  )

@barrascuk wrote:

Look at your activity in your My Account. Also the top tabs in the columns you can tap and get a more useful sort to make your observations. 

I do have an excel program to copy and paste to ... if you like ... let me know. 

I track my voip.ms on another spreadsheet that tells me how many inbound and outbound minutes we use. That enabled me to choose the best deal here to replace voip.ms. For me it was the $15 plan plus $5 for 500 inbound minutes. 

It is good you are going to study to confirm what is best for you and allows better budgeting. Good on you!!!

@barrascuk - I started out with copy and pasting all my usage for quite a while. It was very informative, but time consuming. I broke away with that method. 😳

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@jvanwass 

If you're not a spreadsheet whiz, it's quick and easy to try @esjliv method.

The $15 plan is the cheapest one available and you can track the minutes used easily.

If you like it, you keep it, if you don't you'll know you need an unlimited plan.

Or you can supplement it with a free voip like Textnow. I do and never run out of minutes again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jvanwass wrote:

Hi there, 

I'm considering switching to a lower plan as I don't talk on the phone that much. How can I view my total minutes used per month for the last few months? I only saw the per call breakdown and dont want to have to add them all up manuallly.

Thanks,

Jacob

Hi there @jvanwass ,

It is pretty easy to switch plans on your Self Serve. And since I think you are a newer customer, there is no need to worry about losing a older, grandfathered plan.

I would recommend you Schedule a Plan Change "on next Renewal" to the $15 one. Once you are on that plan, the minutes will be listed and you will see a live balance on your Self Serve. 

It will look like below, when there is 22 minutes used of your 100 outgoing minutes:

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

If you find you are running out quickly, you can also purchase a $5 addon for 500 Canada Wide minutes. This addon is a great buy, and will stay on your account until all used up.

It is worth a shot for the plan change. IF you don't like it, simply schedule another plan change to a higher one for next cycle. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jvanwass 

and you go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

and Click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

Changing your plan on the next plan renewal date,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jvanwass : Select the chart contents per page and copy it. Paste it into your favourite spreadsheet program. Go to the next page and repeat. Then massage the data however you like.

Keep in mind that it's really a log of all activity on the account. Some calls will be calls to voicemail. Some will be you calling voicemail. You'll figure out the difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.