cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Public Mobile texting payment reminders

RexBuck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am signed up for Preauthorized payments.  However, I still receive 4 or 5 text messages per month ranging from reminders that the payment is coming up, making sure I have enough $ in my account and that the payment has been made.  The only texts of this nature I would need would be that the payment wasn't made, the rest are a waste.  Any way to get rid of these?

13 REPLIES 13

@gpixel 

Security features all have their pros and cons... one day you know you didn't use *611 but you got the text, you will be glad you were alerted.. LoL

the text message everytime one calls 611 is super annoying. 

Thank you for calling IVR. Did you know that you can check your Rewards, change your plans, purchase add-ons, view plan usage and so much more through My Account? Visit the new and improved My Account at myaccount.publicmobile.ca.

There's no reason to contact a CSA. The text message reminders can't be turned off from their end.

@on2wheels wrote:

Can we at least get them sent at normal hours during the day?  I pay for a family account as well and they are getting texts in the middle of the night saying "Thankyou for paying...etc". 

This complaint about the middle of the night text message from Public Mobile has been expressed by many customers for more than a year. Unfotunately as you know, Public Mobile has not fixed this.

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can we at least get them sent at normal hours during the day?  I pay for a family account as well and they are getting texts in the middle of the night saying "Thankyou for paying...etc". 

@brother wrote:

@JK8 wrote:

@RexBuck 

No way to get rid of these unless you block the number on your phone.

I'm getting PM messages originating from different numbers.

Public Mobile only sends SMS payment remdinders from 611.

brother

@JK8 wrote:

@RexBuck 

I'm getting PM messages originating from different numbers.

brother

What could possibly be "really important message(s)".

@Outdoorsman wrote:

@RexBuck hi no ,not without blocking the important ones also 

I've never once received a text message from 611 that I've considered important or that I wanted. Even the messages about free add-ons and such are considered marketing messages are are classified differently. They also identified as coming from a different number. I don't mind so much the payment reminder, but the ones that I don't like are the "everything is ok/good to go" type messages about how the plan renewed and about how rewards have been applied (received at midnight).

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You cannot stop PM sending you payment reminder SMS. You could block 611 but it is not advisable as you might miss really important message(s).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RexBuck , these notification texts are all or nothing.  In the past members have stopped certain text and everything went silent.  It was painful to resubscribe.  

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@RexBuck hi no ,not without blocking the important ones also 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@RexBuck 

Need Help? Let's chat.