cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save contacts from my old SIM card?

acm2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need them for WhatsApp and regular phoning. Can I transfer them to a public mobile SIM? 

Thx, 

Andrew newbie

5 REPLIES 5

acm2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks to EACH OF YOU!! I am delighted that people could hear my cry. You're really out there! 

I will import the contacts from my old SIM to my phone.

😀

@umnikke8   you still have a choice.  

Usually it is default to the phone or Google , but when you create a new contact, if you check the top, they will show you where it is going to save to, and you can change it

@umnikke8   Yes, I've found all my contacts remain on the phone even without a SIM card so adding a new SIM should keep the contacts, I'd think. 

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Aren't contacts usually stored on the device these days and not on SIM card?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@acm2   yes, you can, but usually you need a sim reader.  Too much trouble with this method

The easiest way is to put your old sim to a phone, then backup all the contacts to cloud, Google or Apple.  Then you can insert new PM sim card and pull it back form cloud

Add:  in fact, if it is on the same phone, you just need to put the old sim in the phone, Import contacts from sim card, then the contacts will stay on the phone. If you like, you can copy them back to the new sim or people these days usually just leave the contacts on the phone and let the phone to backup onto the cloud 

Need Help? Let's chat.