cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to renew early?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi everyone,

I used all my data with about 3-4 days to go to plan renewal. Luckily, I have 2 GB Holiday bonus just in case for these situations. How do I renew my plan within the new self serve? I don't see a renew now button. Thanks! 

8 REPLIES 8

LeePublic

@dabr Agreed! It seemed like an overlooked option! 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

It's unfortunate that PM didn't update this option when they rolled out the new self serve account.  I don't see why customer support should be needed for something as simple as renewing early to one's plan.  Oh well...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LeePublic 

It might be cheaper to just purchase additional Add-on data.

Unused data will roll-over to next month.

@LeePublic wrote:

Thanks, @NDesai @softech. I think I'll just go into my reserved data until the renewal date..... Guess this is my lesson to not do too many speed tests during the 4G speed glitch! 😂

Don't change to a different plan if your isn't sold any more because you won't get it back.  No option isn't because of the new self serve.  It's not anything the self serve ever had the option to do.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@LeePublic 

buy  Add-ons...or change new plan for 4G spped. check out all price Plans (publicmobile.ca)

LeePublic

Thanks, @NDesai @softech. I think I'll just go into my reserved data until the renewal date..... Guess this is my lesson to not do too many speed tests during the 4G speed glitch! 😂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LeePublic   if you really going with renew early, you have to open ticket with PM Support.  I suggest you to load enough money , open ticket. Once PM Support validate your identity, they can go ahead

or a quicker way to do this is to change plan.  BUT, you have to change to another plan that is different form your current plan.  With that you can change plan yourself by clicking on "Change plan now" option.  Again, it has to be  a different plan from what you have now

to open ticket with PM to renew early:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@LeePublic You must contact PM CS_Agent to renew your plan early. You cannot do it from your self-serve account. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.