cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove voicemail service?

Lek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I don't need a voicemail service. I have tired to contact Public Mobile's customer service to remove voicemail from my call. I just switched to Public Mobile. The previous service provider, I called the customer service to remove the voicemail. Please suggest how I reach Public Mobile's customer service or how I set it without voicemail by myself. Thank you so much.

5 REPLIES 5

Mikio: What I don't like about the idea is that then legit callers would get a busy signal after ringing a few times. Then they might wonder what happened to your number. I prefer the extended absence option and then turn off the ability of the caller to leave a message.

Mikio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This worked perfectly for me.... would recommend for anyone not requiring voicemail. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

the *004*808xxxxx method I had no idea about until I first saw it posted by @softech and did my own research and seems to be definitely be the way to go for this. Good to know there is an option if ever needed down the road.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lek 

No.  But you can setup your voicemail not letting caller to leave a message.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/add-an-extended-absence-greeting

Follows the following flowchart to create extended absence greeting and don't let caller to leave message:

[3]Greetings --> [4]Extended Absence --> [2]Record  (Inform Your caller that you are not taking any message)

[3]Greetings --> [4]Extended Absence --> [5]Message not allowed after greeting

[3]Greetings --> [4]Extended Absence --> [4]Turn On

popping_0-1651703809778.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lek   Sorry, you cannot remove Voicemail service here with PM. 

You can however trick the callers in at least 2 different ways

Forward to a number that will ring forever

"disable" voicemail, by dialing *004*8080000000#
This will cause all calls to either ring forever or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

Use extended absence and disallow anyone to leave a message

dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN.
In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages.
Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
Finally, press 5 to dissallow anyone to leave you a message. Problem solved!

Need Help? Let's chat.