cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to port out number without the sim card (lost)

airjuice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to park my son's number but can't find his sim card. Is there a way to approve the move besides the SMS message they send you?

16 REPLIES 16

@dust2dust     Context and understanding.   I (perhaps miscued?) the word 'park' to be a typo for 'port'.   

I, too, leaned toward porting out of PM.   But again, not 100% clear - just inferred.

@HALIMACS- Yeahbut... 🙂 then the OP says a couple other key words that gives more away. "Trying to park my sons number". There's no parking here in the context of porting other than out.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It is not 100% conclusive, in my honest opinion, whether the OP in this thread is porting HERE or porting ELSEWHERE.

It may be inferred either way from the wording of their initial post.    

They write, "How to port out number".   This could mean from prior provider to here -or- from here to other provider.   They haven't specified explicitly.  Sure, balance of probabilities here leans toward leaving Public Mobile.

They write, "Is there a way to approve the move besides the SMS message they send you?".   The OP's use of the phrase "... the SMS message they send you", may be inferred to mean the other guys, which means maybe they are porting from there to here.

It's all in the interpretation.

I see nothing inappropriate or unbecoming of a seasoned regular with providing responses which cover all the bases.

@dust2dust wrote:

@softech- Yet those others graciously accept the suggestion and do something about it because they too want to provide correct, proper information and not extraneous wasteful information. Why are you so sensitive? It must be tough being the top-dog. I wouldn't know. I've only reached top 1% twice in my time here. I don't know what you're talking about otherwise.

Talk about providing accurate information we all know that the bolded statement isn't true.  Might be accurate for this account but everyone who has been here awhile knows better.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@softech- Yet those others graciously accept the suggestion and do something about it because they too want to provide correct, proper information and not extraneous wasteful information. Why are you so sensitive? It must be tough being the top-dog. I wouldn't know. I've only reached top 1% twice in my time here. I don't know what you're talking about otherwise.

I'll see how I might be able to change my writing to suit your sensitivity. I would still like to see correct, proper information. If regulars can't provide it then we're all doomed.

On a side note, isn't it interesting how we all talk the talk of liking to help people and that the reward is not what drives us. Yet several times in recent days I've written at length to customers trying to help them and no one else chimes in. Isn't it interesting that a solution had already been chosen for those threads and yet it keeps going. Silence from others. Interesting.

@dust2dust wrote:

@softech- Maybe the community manager would be more interested in the community providing correct information to customers. 

@dust2dust   true.  but every piece of the information I have provided on the post you "picked" on was correct.  You can say it wss overly informative, but they were all correct information.

As a seasoned regulars, from your days as the top-performing regulars on a different username, you are well awere that treating others with respect is the foundation of this Community.   Other users like @darlicious likes to help out as well.  I thanks her for her sincere guidance. 

Yes, I can be wrong and I am perfectly open for criticism.  But it is the tone of the reply that separate a constructive comment from an online bully.  With your ongoing replies, I don't see any respect.    Yes, it could be a personal feeling and it could be wrong.  So, I have politely declined your "help" earlier, not once but multiple times.   I hope you can be respectful and stop following my posts closely to try to pick on any minor faults you can find.  And, unfortunately, I see that myself was not the only one being closely "monitored".  I think the situation is getting out of hand.  But I can only speak for myself.  So, let me repeat once again :

I am quite happy to ignore you if you can do the same.

On this particular issue, I am going to stop here and not going to comment further publicly.

airjuice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! I will try this option. I was having a hard time trying to contact an CSA for PM.

@softech- Maybe the community manager would be more interested in the community providing correct information to customers. Especially from seasoned regulars. Newbies are one thing. Old regulars are another. Especially top-performing regulars. We see oracles moving things that are redundant or posting corrections. Is that a hint that that is a directive from the community manager? I think so.

@

@dust2dust whatever excuse you try use to make an harrassment or attack legitimate , this is my words to you 

I am quite happy to ignore you if you can do the same.

I do not want this escalate to 

@J_PM  for further action 

@softech- lol I'm not an oracle and don't have the power to move anything. But of course you know that. I'm more concerned that the quality of replies reflect the questions asked. It can otherwise lead the customer into wasting their time or doing something wrong or costing them money.

When the top dog around here isn't perfect then it deserves being pointed out. If the top dog is that sensitive then maybe they're in the wrong business. Wouldn't the top dog prefer to provide correct information? Is the top dog fine with leaving behind incorrect information?

Oracle @dust2dust   if you think the post was wrong and redundant , please move my reply to your Oracle forum redundant thread

If not, I think your energy will be much better used in helping those in need than helping me to be perfect

Let me say it loud and clear, your ongoing replies on my posts is running on a very fine line of  "Harassment of another person".  

and let me repeat,  I am quite happy to ignore you if you can do the same.

Try another edit @softech . Did you read the subject line?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@airjuice  are you porting out of PM  or porting into PM ?

If porting into PM, you have to check with the other provider to see if they allow a verbal porting approval

if porting out of PM, you have to open ticket with PM support and check with them to see if verbal porting approval is allowed, usually NOT, unless you are porting into Koodo or Telus.  

Whichever provider you called, if they refuse a verbal approval, you will have to buy a new sim card for around $10 and link it back up to your account and complete the SMS approval process.

If you need a new PM sim card, please check with local Telus or Koodo store

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@airjuice 

You will need to purchase a new SIM from the old carrier and replace the account on the new SIM then you can port out when you reply to the text.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

That might be tough. Contact agent for assistance if you are porting OUT and you misplaced PM SIM.

To Contact CSA-agent; there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Ticket has to be opened through chatbot - https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Having a ticket is preferred way to contact agent as they might respond faster then receiving personal mail.

If opening a ticket does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking (Ctrl+)Here

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@airjuice 

You will need to reply "YES" to the port authorization request by ensuring both services are active and the prior provider's SIM card is in the device.

The only way around this is when moving from TELUS or Koodo to here (or from here to one of them).   They can arrange it by contact through the Customer Support Agents.

IF you don't have the SIM card and you're moving outside these companies, you'll need to acquire one from and swap out SIM cards on their service, insert it in the device to port the number.

Sorry, there is no other option.

Need Help? Let's chat.