cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get my old number back?

Publicmohileham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me get my old number back. It was on public mobile and was deactivated due to lack of payment. I called the old number and it isn't assigned yet. I have bought another Sim card and I have activated it. Please help. Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Publicmohileham 

• How long ago was your account deactivated?
  • Was it originally a pm/koodo/telus phone number?

Since it has yet to be reassigned as long as the answer to the second question is yes then contacting customer support and asking if it's available to be assigned to your account is your best bet at retrieving it. If it originally came from any other provider then you would need to activate with them for the chance of recovering it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Publicmohileham 

If you stopped payment for over 90 days then your number will be lost but it was an old Telus or Koodo number there is a very slim chance you might get it back.

Contact a CS_Agent to see if you can get it back.

If it was under 90 days, just login your account and continue payment to keep your number.

Good luck.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Not possible unless you are extremely lucky.

One of the choices is to daily log in and browse through available numbers. Maybe your old one will pop up.

You can always ask agent if they can do anything for you in this regards. You never know; you might be lucky.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Publicmohileham wrote:

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me get my old number back. It was on public mobile and was deactivated due to lack of payment. I called the old number and it isn't assigned yet. I have bought another Sim card and I have activated it. Please help. Thank you 

@Publicmohileham Contact customer service for help. They might be able to get it for you.

You can contact a Customer Service Rep one of 2 ways.

1. At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗"

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though they are typically much faster. Keep an eye on the envelope icon top right for replies.

Need Help? Let's chat.