cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to freeze my son to use his data

Mirabelleb1968
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi:

I have suspended his phone but he can still use it with his data plan. How to froze those too ?

9 REPLIES 9

@softech wrote:

@Mirabelleb1968 if it is an Android, purposely edit the APN to something wrong so the data will not work 

That's true, but as the account is suspended (I am assuming using lost/stolen or by not paying), mobile data wouldn't be working at all. The son could also just re-inupt the sp.mb.com setting  If the son has access to the online Self Serve account, service could have been reactivated by turning off lost/stolen, and even if the account was in suspension because of non-payment, the son could have bought a voucher and got the account going again.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Mirabelleb1968 

many new phones have parental controls now. what's the make and model of the phone?

if it's an iphone

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201304

Android also has its own version it's called digital well being

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mirabelleb1968 if it is an Android, purposely edit the APN to something wrong so the data will not work 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Not possible. If you suspended his account then all services Stop.

He must be using WiFi.

If you have issue with him using data, change plan to $25 plan and he will be gone though 1GB in no time with still unlimited calls/SMS in/out. Or you can just take his phone and watch youtube or similar to exhaust data.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mirabelleb1968 

Depending on what type of home internet services you have, there may be capability to restrict or block connected devices altogether.

check with your Internet service provider if your package includes such services.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mirabelleb1968 

Kids nowadays are very good with computers! They will find other ways to get the phone working.

Maybe delete the wifi network on his phone and disable the Cellular Data…this will only stop them temporarily.

@Mirabelleb1968 wrote:

Hi:

I have suspended his phone but he can still use it with his data plan. How to froze those too ?

No services provided by Public Mobile will work with the account suspeneded. Your son could use Wi-Fi and to stop him from using that, you would need to take possession of the device.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Mirabelleb1968   you need some app to restrict the setting screen for Mobile Data or Wifi

are you using iOS or Android?

Need Help? Let's chat.