cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close my account? Why is this so difficult?!

cameron5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't find anywhere a link or button to cancel and close my account... all I want to do is shut this account down and I am going through layers and layers of FAQs and I can't find anything. This shouldn't be so difficult, I just want this account closed and all future billing to stop... 

6 REPLIES 6

carobass65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just remove autopay

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cameron5 

If you like I can give you a visa gift card's details to replace your card details in your account. The renewal will fail and your account will cancel 90 days from next renewal date.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

- Remove autopay. After 90 days of no payment your account will be deleted.

- Ask agent to remove your credit card info

- Port your number to another provider. Your account will be immediately closed. Still do above two, just in case.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Also contact a CSA and have your payment method, if you have one, removed from autopay. 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cameron5 hi you simply  diaable pre authorized payment,your account will suspend and then 90 days from then it will close permanently

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cameron5   you do not need to officially close the account

Just disable Pre-Authorized payment.  PM would not be able to get the money for renewal and the account will then go into suspension.  90 days later, the account will be close permanently

Or you can also open ticket to PM Support to remove the credit card from the account:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.