cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change my plan immediately

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve updated my account by $50 and would like to change my plan to the 8.5 GB immediately rather than waiting for my renewal date.  Today is the first day of my plan renewal so I’m hoping you can do it today. 

thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@500 

PM is prepaid service.  There is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle started today.  You should continue with your new cycle until you used all the data and then switch to the 8.5GB plan.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@500  Login to your account and check the date for your next payment. If it is Oct 6, go ahead immediately. If Nov 4 then, as already noted by others, you'll need some goodwill from the moderators to avoid paying twice. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@500 wrote:

I’ve updated my account by $50 and would like to change my plan to the 8.5 GB immediately rather than waiting for my renewal date.  Today is the first day of my plan renewal so I’m hoping you can do it today. 

thank you. 

Unfortunately, you've done it exactly backwards over the one important night of plans. You ought to have done this yesterday and scheduled the plan change for your next renewal (last night).

So you've paid for your previous plan already. You _could_ have done all this yesterday for the immediate plan change method to minimize the loss of pre-paid days but then you may as well have just scheduled it. Before that then it's about how much you need that data now. But the first day of a new plan term is not at all the right time to make a plan change. Unless you don't care about your money. 🙂

Maybe the mods might do a good will gesture but they aren't required to. This is a no refunds, no pro-rating, pre-paid place.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can log into your self serve account to make the change.  You would lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Well if you log into your account and click change plan. You select the plan you want then you're given two option.

You have two options.

1 change now - not advised to pick this one. It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan. You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan.

2 change at next renewal. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

Since your plan just renewed if you change right away you will be charged for new plan and no refund for the plan you just renewed.

If you want to ask moderators if anything can be done. Then two ways to reach them

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Standard response time for moderator's is 24/48 hours. Usually quicker though 

Have a great day!

Need Help? Let's chat.