cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change credit card details? Do I have an account?

Thorsten
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I would like to change the credit card details? I'm not even sure I have an account. But I have a public mobile phone and a phone number. Actually, I have two public mobile phones and numbers. It's for my children. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. And I'm getting emails from public mobile.

I tried to reset the password using the phone number. This did work. But when I try to login then it's asking for an email address and not the phone number. So, I used my email address and the new password. I get the error:

Email or password is incorrect. Please try again, or reset password.

I tried to reset the password using the email address. But I did not receive the reset code in the email.

So, what I need is an account with my two public mobile phones and numbers in it and connected to my email address.

What should be my next step?

Thank you, Thorsten

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fredaleung 

As far as a self-serve account goes if you activated online at home then your self serve account is automatically created. Once activated you can log in right away.

If you activated in store your self-serve account only gets partially created once you're activated usually most people go home and finish creating their self-serve account by logging in previously on the right side of the page and entering their phone number this would send a six digit alphanumeric code via text message to your phone which you would then use to finish creating your self serve account by entering the email choosing a password and a four digit account pin number if I remember correctly.

Often times the four digit account pin would be texted to you from Public Mobile on 611. So you could always scroll back through 611 text on the phone to see if any of those text messages were sent out.

You can attempt to submit a support ticket via the chat bot Simon which if you scroll down to the green section on your page you will see where to click on SIMon. Alternatively you can send a private message especially if you have any issues submitting a ticket the via Simon.

Edit:

If you use the second option below you can skip my big rant and just read the spoiler to send a private message.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Thorsten 

Go to the little arrow thingy on the right side of the post and you can unmark the solution till your issue gets resolved and you can choose the correct one.

Thorsten

I am confused. I saw a Reply button and then the button turned into a green button and I clicked the green button without reading it and now your emails reads as the accepted solution. I'm sorry for that. The case is not solved yet.

> Did you activate these accounts in store? 

I did not purchase the phone in a store. I purchased it online at the public mobile website and got the SIM card and a phone number. I don't remember how exactly it worked. It's - I think - years ago.
I try to figure out now how I can access support.

> It sounds like you never created the self-serve accounts?
I don't even know what a self-serve account versus a normal account is. I don't remember I ever created an account. If I would have created any account (self-serve or not) then I would have the login credentials for sure. I keep them all and don't tend to lose them.

> So while you did enter an email at activation p which explains why you're getting promotional emails but are unable to log in after a password reset. If that's possible?
Yes, that's possible.

> You can always double check and then search for your welcome emails to determine if a self-serve account was created. 
I will try this. Thank you.

> But if you use the same email for both accounts that would cause login issues as well.
I assume I used the same email. But I'm not sure. I have other email addresses as well. So, that's not the problem. I can easily state another one.

Thorsten

Thank you for all your hints. I thought this here is a ticket. 🙂

So, I tried to create a ticket. I got to the step 2 where I enter the public mobile phone number, I click the button "Send a code" and then the verification field appears where I can enter the code. But when I check the phone then there is no code. I checked SMS/Text and email. I did not receive anything. Is there a way to speak to an employee of public mobile? I bet it's a problem that can be solved within a few minutes. If I would only know how.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Thorsten 

Did you activate these accounts in store? It sounds like you never created the self-serve accounts? So while you did enter an email at activation p which explains why you're getting promotional emails but are unable to log in after a password reset. If that's possible? You can always double check and then search for your welcome emails to determine if a self-serve account was created. But if you use the same email for both accounts that would cause login issues as well.

Anyways regardless you have to contact customer support to either create the self-serve accounts or fix the issue with sharing an email. Make sure you have another email to use for the other account. Well an email alias can be used it can create problems with verification and password resets so it's best to use a dedicated separate email address.

fredaleung

Each phone number needs its dedicated email. May be you need help from a customer service agent. I miss talking to a life person. Email is frustrating sometimes

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Thorsten you need to login My Account to change the CC.  Understand you cannot access My Account.   Open ticket with PM support and they will sort it out

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Thorsten , each Public Mobile account can only carry one line.  Each account has to have its own unique email username.  There is no getting around this.  

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Thorsten 

hi your next step is you need to contact a customer service agent to sort out your accounts

1. you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here                               

check your community envelope for a reply

Need Help? Let's chat.