cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Port a Landline

cdonpaul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to port a landline from Rogers. The rep from Rogers said it was possible but the rep and the mobile kiosk said he wasn't sure that was possible and that he couldn't do it, I'd need to go to a Public Mobile kiosk. Can someone give instructions to port the landline if I buy a sim please?

12 REPLIES 12

@cdonpaul wrote:

I went to Walmart but the person said he was sure it wasn't possible and he definitely couldn't do it!

That's terrrible that the salesperson would provide such inaccurate information. The salesperson had all necessary tools to submit that request for you. That's a matter of poor training, but there's no longer a need to improve the sales training since very soon, there will no longer be in-store activations.

cdonpaul

I went to Walmart but the person said he was sure it wasn't possible and he definitely couldn't do it!

cdonpaul

Thanks for the link, the number is eligible. I also called the Rogers rep to make sure.

@Jabbarbabar depends on the price plan, if you want some data and willing to pay $40 or more, Fido might help better deal.  But Fido will never beat the $25 or $15 deals here

For the help, it's just the help from mobile sales , you will get the same service if you activate in-store 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jabbarbabar That is totally illogical 

Fido ?...really ? There's a reason why fido's mascot is a dog....That whole operation is a dog. I have friends who couldn't wait to bail outta Fido asap.

The CSA's and Community Forum at PM are as knowledgeable... or more than any help you'll get from the dog.

Jabbarbabar

Hello there, in my experience you need to speak to fido they have better deals and they will help you to transfer your number. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Activate at walmart, they will give you SIM for free.

Accept temporary number. After few days when you confirm everything works 100%, log in to your account and do number change entering your Rogers number.

Keep BOTH accounts active or porting will not work. Since there is no SMS to be send on land line porting should be done behind the scene involving PM and Rogers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cdonpaul 

possible.  You can check if your particular number is eligible to port here

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Activate in store to get a free sim and have the sale to arrange porting during activation 

Check Walmart/loblaws/London Drugs mobile or Koodo mobile store

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You can get Sims for free on Craigslist or 99 cents on eBay or $4.99 at CCS. 

Mske sure you get a referral code too.....that will save you $15. 

I would suggest you get a PM number first, then port a day or two later. 

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You need as much accurate information about your Rogers landline.

Like:

the exact name and address on account

pin number

phone number, obviously 

account number 

Then start the transfer in My Account. The change number option will offer the port or transfer option. Expect a week to complete and you will have some split services. Make sure your Rogers number is paid up for the next week or so. Porting usually cancels the “from” Account, but it does not hurt to follow up to avoid any unnecessary charges from Rogers. And there should be no agreement or contract on Rogers for that number. 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cdonpaul hi once you buy a sim  during activation take a temp number once activated go into your self serve account under change number go to transfer a wire or wireless line from another provider  thats where you do it it takes 3 to 5 days for port to complete keep your landline account active till port is complete

Need Help? Let's chat.