cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How tell if PM SIM is 4G capable ?

Beer
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just found out that data speeds also depend on how recent the SIM card is. My SIM card does not show if it's a 2G or faster. How can I tell if it's 4G capable?  Cut and pasted below from google search.

Look around on the SIM card for a 3G symbol. If the SIM card is 3G, it will be written on the card. If your SIM card doesn't have a 3G symbol on it, then it is a 2G SIM card.

14 REPLIES 14

@Beer wrote:

Two members of my family switched back to Bell - the free SIM cards mailed to us do show 4G .

IMG_0117.jpg

@Beer  So, no 5G?  LoL

they are just design and promotion.  I am pretty sure it works on 5G as well as 3G, just not 2G  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

They work on the 2G network as well at least for pm customers roaming on the T-Mobile network in the US if they want to use their voice services.

@darlicious 

True.. i was just thinking we don't have that here  🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Beer 

Whenever I have tested the 3G network data speed it almost always is between 10mbps and 12mbps.

@Beer wrote:

Just found out that data speeds also depend on how recent the SIM card is. My SIM card does not show if it's a 2G or faster. How can I tell if it's 4G capable?  Cut and pasted below from google search.

Look around on the SIM card for a 3G symbol. If the SIM card is 3G, it will be written on the card. If your SIM card doesn't have a 3G symbol on it, then it is a 2G SIM card.

When it comes to Public Mobile SIM cards, none of the above is true. Not only have different versions of Public Mobile SIM cards never enabeld faster data speeds, they've also never been marked as 3g or 4g/LTE.