cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon for referral reward

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Referral done Sunday 26th, it's now Wed 29th in the evening and I don't see any $1 referral reward in my account.  How soon "should" it show up and will I get a text or ?  I haven't been able to check with the other person about their $10 bonus because they haven't set up their online account yet (very busy)   Anyone with  experience in these matters?   Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

You are welcome @Lar  .Thanks for the update. I'm glad that the collective could help you and that you got your reward. Good luck with the next refferal 👍

@Lar  I'm happy go hear that the referral reward/code was just a glitch in the system and not another unscrupulous koodo employee lining their pockets. Koodo does charge $30 For account set ups in store however this has not been clarified by public mobile as to what agreement is in place in regards to a no fee activation policy and koodo' s policy.

I'm sure @Tapan676  who was also charged that fee plus the employee inputted his own referral code to capitalize on the $20 bonus referral credit at the time. @Tapan676  successfully received a credit from pm after koodo refused to address that portion of her complaint. I would really like to know public mobiles policy on koodo activation fees and it would be nice if @Tiana_V or @Alan_K  would address the koodo policy and pms agreement with them. I personally actively  discourage going to koodo for an activation.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Lar wrote:

Latest update. Message sent to mods explaining everything and missing referral rewards. Friend did get a $10 credit and that was for being referred but it didn't say that. The other reward for the promotion $10 will come just before renewal.  My $1 referral reward and message of such got caught in the system by gremlins but has been applied manually.

So all is well that ends well.  Unfortunately the PM message was not signed so I'll just thank the mod group for a fast reply. Also thank you everyone that replied with your helpful ideas. I've tried to shower you in bravos, lol.

Now on to the next referral, Smiley Happy

Thanks for the update. Glad to know they were able to straighten everything out for you.

Lar

Latest update. Message sent to mods explaining everything and missing referral rewards. Friend did get a $10 credit and that was for being referred but it didn't say that. The other reward for the promotion $10 will come just before renewal.  My $1 referral reward and message of such got caught in the system by gremlins but has been applied manually.

So all is well that ends well.  Unfortunately the PM message was not signed so I'll just thank the mod group for a fast reply. Also thank you everyone that replied with your helpful ideas. I've tried to shower you in bravos, lol.

Now on to the next referral, Smiley Happy

NC2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In my experience, I used my boyfriend's refferal code when activating and he received a text the same day of, a few hours after. I however only got the $10 credit on my next renewal. I would ask your friend for more details.. There should not be an extra charge to port over an old phone #. That friend could go back to the store they activated it at and the employees do have a way to contact public mobile (but us customers cannot), so the manager maybe could contact public mobile to change the inital refferal code perhaps.

Lar

OK so I asked the other person to send me the text message she got from PM the day she ported over. She also said when the employee was filling out the porting info she heard the employee sounding out the referral code like he was typing it in.  VIP service my a$$, lol

So is this the  $10 discount for the latest promotion for the next 8 months, or $10 for referral which makes no mention of it. 

text.JPG

Thank you everyone, will try to inform after I read comments and decide what to do next.

@Lar wrote:

@Jb456  Sadly that's kind of a possibility about the employee putting in their own referral code. It was all done in a  "shady part of town"  as she commented, and to top it off they charged her $15 for VIP service to port the number over which was discounted from $30 normally.  Not a good experience for my first referral.

Will post again when I find out more.

That's about the 3rd or 4th time I've seen this "VIP service" mentioned in the past couple of weeks..... given that it was once again a Koodo store, I'm wondering if that's a Koodo policy, rather than an individual store policy. 🤔 

@Jb456 wrote:

@Lar wrote:

@gblackmaFriends phone was set up in store, paid for the account and she says the referral was put in by the staff (didn't actually see the employee put it in but gave him the referral number to use).  Her phone works, calls, text, data.  Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see what happens.

Maybe store worker put his own referral code instead of yours? Or maybe he forgot to enter it.

That's the 1st thing I thought of, given the amount of time that's passed since the activation.

Lar

@Jb456  It was reported to PM mods and they can't control what stores, in this case Koodo Mobile store charge for a SIM or if they charge to port a number over. Friend has little kids (one sick at the time as little kids always seem to be) and didn't want the hassle of porting plus as some places don't want to sell just the SIM she let the employee do it. 

@Lar  sorry I could have posted that reply better. Hope my faith in my fellow man is restored and you get your reward.

@Lar wrote:

@Jb456  Sadly that's kind of a possibility about the employee putting in their own referral code. It was all done in a  "shady part of town"  as she commented, and to top it off they charged her $15 for VIP service to port the number over which was discounted from $30 normally.  Not a good experience for my first referral.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Lar  your friend should definitely report her experience to moderators so that public mobile is aware of this shady store. There is no charge to port your # to PM.

You're friend could have done it all on her own via the self serve account. 

Maybe Public Mobile can do something about it to get her money back for the port fee. If she has a bill or something.

Lar

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Lar wrote:

@gblackmaFriends phone was set up in store, paid for the account and she says the referral was put in by the staff (didn't actually see the employee put it in but gave him the referral number to use).  Her phone works, calls, text, data.  Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see what happens.

Maybe store worker put his own referral code instead of yours? Or maybe he forgot to enter it.

Did your friend get the $10 sign up credit? If they did, that means store worker used someone else's code..if they did not..that means your friend needs to contact moderators with your code so they can manually apply the referral.

Lar

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

My experience, if you don't get the sms the moment the payment went through, you will get the sma the next day, but their number will show on your reward section the same day.

If it's not you should ask them to contact moderators with your referral code

Sounds like your friend did not use your referral code when they signed up. As it would the $1 reward would show under your "My reward" section. If you actually click my rewards on the next page click the little arrow where it says "total rewards earned" and then you can see last 4 digits of number that you referred.

You also get a text from number 100.

Screenshot_20200129_190446.jpg

So what you will have to do is get your friend to contact moderators and let them know they were referred by you.

Simon.JPG

Or by private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Lar has your friend activated the SIM ,  used your code and paid? The phone is active and you can call or text them? From experience,  My reward showed up within 72 hours. But as you said you referred on the weekend, so I would wait until tomorrow, get in touch with your friend  and make sure that the code was used and when the account was actually activated.

@Lar wrote:

Referral done Sunday 26th, it's now Wed 29th in the evening and I don't see any $1 referral reward in my account.  How soon "should" it show up and will I get a text or ?  I haven't been able to check with the other person about their $10 bonus because they haven't set up their online account yet (very busy)   Anyone with  experience in these matters?   Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lar , the $1 reward will come on the next renewal.  You will see $1 reward from each referral converted to account funds to offset renewal costs.

Need Help? Let's chat.