cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How quick will I get my referral code following my plan activation?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Let's say my friend and I decide to go for one of the in-store promos.
1. My friend will sign-up using the referral code of an existing customer.
2. After that, I want to sign-up using my friend's referral code.

I believe with referral codes, there is a waiting period before customers will receive their code. Whereas with the old phone number referral, I could use his phone number to sign-up immediately.

Anyone know how long it takes for a new customer to receive their referral code now?

5 REPLIES 5

@yzhou2009 wrote:

For my experience, I got referrl code immidiately after I actived my SIM card, it is very esay. If you are not sure how long it takes in store, you can ask your friend active his/her card first, and bring the card home, then you active your SIM card after.

@yzhou2009  That would only work if the promo was online and in store. Once you create and log in to your account your referral code is available to you. In  fact my last activation at London drugs  on Sunday the salesman insisted that I register my self serve account and log in to make sure it was working and the passwords/Email was working.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It did happen before that the code was not generated at the account creation. That is very unlikely to happen but it still may. In that case it would be best to contact moderators and wait for resolution before creating the second account. But if you are under pressure to get the deal moderators can apply t the referral afterwords too.

Welcome to public mobile:)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM 

After in store activation, your friend needs to use the link in the welcome email to create the self serve account and login.  The referral code is located at the top right hand side of the overview page.

yzhou2009
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For my experience, I got referrl code immidiately after I actived my SIM card, it is very esay. If you are not sure how long it takes in store, you can ask your friend active his/her card first, and bring the card home, then you active your SIM card after.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM as soon as they activate their new account and log in to their self serve they can see their own refferal code on the top right hand side of the overview page

Need Help? Let's chat.