cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many people actually get paid from public mobile?

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone, I'm curious about what it takes or how much help or contributing to the community that you give to get credited from public mobile. How many people have experienced this and what qualified you to get whatever amount you received?

15 REPLIES 15

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

@guitarpickr 

Just click on user profiles to look at their badges. Each of the Top% badges represents a Community Reward paid into account. Only a few bucks here and there but it all adds up.

Some community members are aggressive about maximizing their community reward, they're constantly online and will jump copypasta onto new posts the moment they appear (in the hopes that being first will gain them a Solution or a Bravo), they'll use fake accounts to give themselves higher standing, etc. If you want to be in the topmost tier then you'll have to put a lot of no-life hours into being a forum robot to get paid ten or fifteen bucks for the month. If you're a "normal" user who casually contributes posts with some real quality then it's fairly easy to get a $1 or $2 or $5 reward each month.

Copy and Paste is a useful tool in increasing your productivity in answering absolutely identical questions.  There is nothing wrong with that.  Not all questions require a customized answer.  What I do have issues with is regarding creating additional accounts just for the purpose of giving bravo's to increase ratings artificially.  There is already a venue provided for you to decrease your cost, why abuse it? 

For me, the biggest enjoyment from earning community rewards is the fact that I can help decrease my cost by helping others using the knowledge of a product/service that I actually use.  Honestly I feel all companies should implement this.  It not only decreases their cost of doing business but also encourages customer loyalty.  So many times, I find myself knowing more about a company's product/service much better than the customer service rep. that I talk to after being a customer of that company for many years and there is no way for me to benefit from that besides correcting the customer service rep.  LOL  So I like that Public Mobile gives its customers a chance to use their knowledge and experience with the company's product/service to benefit themselves and the company at the same time. 

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@guitarpickr wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm curious about what it takes or how much help or contributing to the community that you give to get credited from public mobile. How many people have experienced this and what qualified you to get whatever amount you received?

The exact formula of how community reward is calculated is unknown but if you just answer a few questions a day, participate in the community forum normally, you should be able to earn community rewards easily.  As far as I know, posing and answering questions, getting bravo'ed and having your reply to a question tagged as the "Solution" all count towards earning community rewards.  I have been advised to always give "bravo's" to people's replies and questions.  Mostly I just try to help people by answering their questions and enjoying my time here.  I try to answer people's questions to the best of my knowledge and if I don't know the answer of if it's something pertaining to the specifics of the inquirer's plan and account, I refer them to the customer service of Public Mobile. 

Hope this helps. 

@darlicious wrote:

Lol....gee thanks for the compliment that was a lovely sentiment to both @softech and I for the countless hours that we toil away here working our helping hands to the bone in the hopes an OP throws a scrap of a solution our way.....well actually @softech gets plenty of solutions I just write a novel every 30 days!😉

And I will happily be here for far less time as soon as I am able to work again. The reward is nice but you have to do it because you love to help people first and foremost. It's also good to have safe socially distant interactions with people and often people you would never otherwise meet in your regular life.

Ah, sorry. Big mouth (big hands?) getting me in trouble again, lol.

Some community members do contribute countless hours here for reasons other than the fistful of loonies.

But some are obviously motivated entirely by the fistful of loonies. Good for PM and PM subscribers, overall, since helpful advice is helpful advice (which should be rewarded) regardless of the intentions. I was just trying to emphasize that if your intent is to bring your phone bill down to $0 (or less) by earning community rewards then you'll likely be disappointed - competition for the top slots is fierce and in the end the payoff is not at all worth the time you'd invest in it, you'd get more money in your pocket by collecting cans and bottles or with a newspaper route.

Plus you can't bank on community rewards (unless you're an Oracle). You can't really predict how many or how few people will be active in the community boards each month, you can't really predict how people will respond to your posts. The other rewards are where the best payoff can be earned - it's easy to grab the AutoPay bonus, you can't rush Loyalty bonus but it's easy enough to collect if you stick around long, while Referrals (who also stick around) are essentially each a one-time investment of time and effort rather than an ongoing monthly commitment.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@guitarpickr    I think @Korth has cracked PM's "secret sauce recipe" with his suggestion of the copypasta formula, oh yeah make sure to be here hours on end and to keep refreshing your page and to keep posting with your copypasta you will earn many solutions and, if you're lucky to get a dedicated follower or two, many bravos too.  😉

@HALIMACS   Community rewards going lower.. but Community bravos up A LOT last couple months.. and looks like it will just get worse 😞

Indeed,  @softech @darlicious 

My ranges were completely speculative. 

Agree we're likely in the lower end these days.

Kinda hard to believe total payouts total under $500/month.  If they were to be paying someone to do what the Community does, they'd be spending that many times over. 

Time to up the Community rewards,  Public Mobile. 

@HALIMACS wrote:

Beyond that, there's anywhere from:

•  2-3 members in top 1% = $30-$45  ($15 per individual)
  •  6-10 members in the top 5% = $60-$100  ($10 per individual)
  •  15-20 members in the top 10% = $75-$100 ($5 per individual)
  •   20-30 members in the top 25% = $40-$60 ($2 per individual)
  •   30-50 members in the top 50% = $30-$50 ($1 per individual)

Sadly, has been on the low end for each tier for many months  😞

Meow
Mayor / Maire

- It all depends on number of peoples posting. One month you can have 200 dedicated posters, next month 100. PM's secret formula to distribute awards is still top guarded secret.

- Creating fake accounts is possible but you have to have real inclination to get top award. If you are Bravoing from the same place, they will get you by same IP address. You can invest into VPN or daily go to local coffee shop and Bravo from fake accounts there...

Is it really worth it? It depends how valuable your life and time is to you.

Idea with rewards is to help others not to make big bucks. Over time you learn the ropes and are able to answer questions and assist efficiently. Copy/pasters are easily recognized so you just skip over their posts as nothing new you can learn from them.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Ah those numbers haven't been seen since the pandemic hit and there was a bravo leaderboard (. recently returned forcing some accountability at least) I don't search out the exact totals of the top 25% and top 50% but the last official top badge level stats released by pm for October 2021 were as follows:

1. Oracles=9×$20=$180
  2. Top 1%=2×$15=$30
  3. Top 5%=6×$10=$60
  4. Top 10%=7×$5=$25
  5. Top 25%=24×2=$48
  6. Top 50%=48×$1=$48

Oh look the Oracle's for the first time get more than 50% of the community reward pool! And that made October the cheapest community reward yet.....

Edit:

Lol...scratch that I can't add today! Revising the totals....

Oracle's total=$180  Rest of the community=$211 Total Community Reward pay out=$391

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Korth wrote:

Some community members are aggressive about maximizing their community reward, they're constantly online and will jump copypasta onto new posts the moment they appear (in the hopes that being first will gain them a Solution or a Bravo), they'll use fake accounts to give themselves higher standing, etc

that's interesting  !!

@guitarpickr , while what @Korth said was a sad  truth, some people are actually using those "tricks or cheats", that is a definitely a No-No,   

I guess the important part for the reward is not the amount, the important part is you need to like helping others.  Yes, it is very time consuming to earn the higher tier.  But if you love to help, checking the Community for 15 minutes a day and answer with couple good replies would easily earn you $1 , $2 or even $5  🙂

Welcome to the Community.   Have fun and Enjoy. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

This is a good question @guitarpickr 

To answer "how many people" get paid, I presume you're asking about Community contributors (and Public Mobile staffers aside)

So the reward levels are from $20 down to $1.   Below is a wild guess on the numbers.  Another member here might weigh in with more precise details.

There are 9 Oracles x $20 = $180.   These folks get a guaranteed payment each calendar month.

Beyond that, there's anywhere from:

•  2-3 members in top 1% = $30-$45  ($15 per individual)
  •  6-10 members in the top 5% = $60-$100  ($10 per individual)
  •  15-20 members in the top 10% = $75-$100 ($5 per individual)
  •   20-30 members in the top 25% = $40-$60 ($2 per individual)
  •   30-50 members in the top 50% = $30-$50 ($1 per individual)

SO, if I were to hazard a guess, Public Mobile distributes community rewards to about 90-110 members each month.   This is presuming all those community members who gain rewards have an associated self-serve account tied to their community account.   This is accomplished by ensuring their Community e-mail address is identical to their self-serve username (e-mail address).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Lol....gee thanks for the compliment that was a lovely sentiment to both @softech and I for the countless hours that we toil away here working our helping hands to the bone in the hopes an OP throws a scrap of a solution our way.....well actually @softech gets plenty of solutions I just write a novel every 30 days!😉

@guitarpickr 

You're making an effort. Come to the community to learn first and foremost that's what I did because I knew absolutely nothing about mobile phones or technology in general when I first switched. The more you learn the more you can help but better yet the more people you can refer. 

If you know what the glitches are good or bad you can help your friends that you refer. You will be aware of any promotions, help them activate or show them how the community works and their self serve account. The community reward can help lower your bill as you build up referrals and wait for your loyalty rewards to kick in.....but in the last year pm has steadily dropped how many higher rewards it hands out so $1 or $2 is very attainable but only 15 or 16 members get the top 3 badge levels and yes it's ridiculously competitive for some who take it too far just to earn $5 or $10 or this month $15.

And I will happily be here for far less time as soon as I am able to work again. The reward is nice but you have to do it because you love to help people first and foremost. It's also good to have safe socially distant interactions with people and often people you would never otherwise meet in your regular life.

@Korth 

I've got my eyes and ears out for you still....😉! You're easy to spot with that man purse or the bro or the shoulster or whatever the name of that manly cell phone holster thingy you wear?!!😃

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Korth wrote:

@guitarpickr 

Just click on user profiles to look at their badges. Each of the Top% badges represents a Community Reward paid into account. Only a few bucks here and there but it all adds up.

Some community members are aggressive about maximizing their community reward, they're constantly online and will jump copypasta onto new posts the moment they appear (in the hopes that being first will gain them a Solution or a Bravo), they'll use fake accounts to give themselves higher standing, etc. If you want to be in the topmost tier then you'll have to put a lot of no-life hours into being a forum robot to get paid ten or fifteen bucks for the month. If you're a "normal" user who casually contributes posts with some real quality then it's fairly easy to get a $1 or $2 or $5 reward each month.

Badges for past months don't mean the same amount will be given the next month. Anyone who thinks that they can figure out how much to do to get rewards will be disappointed.  My advice to @guitarpickr would be don't pay attention to that stuff and help as much as you can.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@guitarpickr 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@guitarpickr 

To earn top spot of $15 or $10 here is like a full time job. Earning $1 or $2 is easier… make a few posts each week. It really isn’t about the money. It’s more about helping others. You can make more money collecting empties each month. If you are here for the money only …then you will be disappointed on your return on investment.

Have a look at this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Top-Contributors-October-2021/td-p/7452...

Need Help? Let's chat.