cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to tranfser number

gradoj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Transferred my number from Rogers.  Been waiting hours and still can't receive calls number still goes to old voicemail. How long does it normally take? Thanks 

19 REPLIES 19

@gradojYou don't need to call Rogers to Cancel.. Do try the contact the Telus Port Team referenced in the post below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

wingin

only few minutes for me

gradoj

Finally got a text that port was complete and can now receive incoming calls. Took about 18 hours

gradoj

Got a message from my support ticket that port was submitted with incorrect information that they fixed and then completed port 

mdperry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transferred my number from Rogers when I switched a few weeks ago. It took ten mins. Once the number is transferred over, Rogers automatically closes your account with them. So no need to call Rogers. Now sometimes if you owe Rogers a money they may delay the process. I would call Rogers and see why they are not porting over the number if it hasn’t ported over within 24hours 

@gradoj wrote:

Finally got a text that port was complete and can now receive incoming calls. Took about 18 hours

So, what was the actual solution?  Please do not mark your own posts as solutions. They might play a role in Community reward calculations.  Consider giving the solution to the person whose answer was closest to what you needed to do to fix your number port.

johnpaul
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Porting from Freedom took 3 minutes only.

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

gradoj

As stated solution was creating a ticket as port was never going to work without mod intervention 

@gradoj wrote:

@gradoj  I had said sleep on it hoping the port would complete overnightbut that wasn't going to happen if there was an error. Happy you took the advice to message the moderator. Welcome to public mobile.