cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should it take to port phone number?

wildfire
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm just in the process of switching to public mobile. I went through the online form for activating my sim card (which I have in hand) with 4 steps, create account, transfer phone number, choose a plan, and payment. At the end of the form I see a popup that says "Activating your SIM card" displaying the 4 steps. Step 1 (Account Setup) is complete, and there's a spinning circle beside step 2 (Phone number, verifying your phone number). It's bin stuck spinning on that step for 20-30 min. How long is this step supposed to take? I'm worried about leaving this page in case I mess something up... Anyone have any recommendations on what I should do? Thank you!

Screenshot_3.png

4 REPLIES 4

wildfire
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! This worked! And thanks for the tip about Incognito mode @softech, not sure exactly which one solved it, but together it worked 👍

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Uh-oh. I guess PM page got stuck. VERY unfortunate. Try refreshing your page. Let us know what happened after.

Try using different browser. If PM reports you cannot activate SIM as it is already activated try to log in to your account (you did that in step#1). If you provided your CC number see if it got charged.

If everything fails ask agent to help you out.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@wildfire , if you have waited this long, try the refresh button on your browser.  Check your payment card account to make sure you were not charged before trying again.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wildfire  Look like something wrong.

Maybe try again using Incognito mode 

Need Help? Let's chat.