cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long it take to be complete the transfer of a number Ported from FONGO?

Livingstones
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

FONGO's phone number originated from Fibernetics Corporation: 464D-NSR/1. Is Wireless: no.

I signed up yesterday, and my Samsung phone worked with Fongo's interface using PM's (Telus) sim card. However, after 24 hours, my number is still listed as a landline.

Today, I deleted  Fongo's app, and after that, I cannot receive any calls, nor the voicemail box is working. Interestingly, I received voice mail via email, which features I will miss significantly from Fongo's services. 

On the same token, I cannot receive security codes via SMS. This was my problem with Fongo's services. I paid for a worldwide SMS service, but their platform's security codes won't work. It used to be worked many years ago.

So, my question is, how long it takes to complete the phone number transfer from Landline to Wireless?

Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES 5

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Officially FAQ says 3 business days now, but could take longer than that.

You can keep using Fongo in the meantime, when you notice Fongo doesn't work anymore that would mean your number is ported and active on PM. (You should not outright cancel Fongo until the port is completed, btw)

Also, welcome to PM! Hopefully you had a referral to sign up with, if not, members here (like me🙈) would be happy to give you a code! You can apply this code retroactively.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Livingstones porting for m VoIP takes a week or 10 business days.  Why you uninstall Fongo app so early?  Install it back and login until port completed.  Not sure if Fongo will send text for port authorization

There is a porting team to call to track status.  Will send you the number.  Please check your Community inbox 

Livingstones
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

As far as I understand, voip and landlines can take several days to finish. I hope you haven't taken the rug out from under the process by mucking around with the Fongo side.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Livingstones  Can take up to a week to transfer land line to mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.