cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one identify PM credit card charges.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Much like when you make purchases at other merchants, the descriptor will just display the merchant name as registered with the payment card provider.

The same holds true with wireless service providers - really the only way to associate it would be the payment amount on the card against the payment amount under the respective account's payment transaction history.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

All accounts of the exact same value at the exact same time, quite a rare feat, unfortunately in that can't you can't distinguish between the 3 on your cc invoice

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You will see something like this:

Meow_0-1653502162094.png

and when you click on it most likely this

Meow_1-1653502200695.png

There will be no info regarding particular account (acc.num., phone number, etc.). So if you charge multiple accounts on one CC all charges will be with the same text (possible amount different).

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Your card company doesn't care what Public Mobile account number or phone number they are charging you for (edit with regards to what they list on your statement).

So from a card merchant side of things I cannot see how you can distinguish which is which if all the same card number and same value charged.

Are all 3 accounts charged the same amount usually?

Best to go by the payment transactions history details, I would say: Public Mobile - Transaction History

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BEER   I don't think you can.  

I guess they are all same plan and same charges on the same day?

If you have 3 plans with the same charges, you might want to spread it out on the renewal/payment date.  You always have a risk that the credit card thinks it is a duplicated charged and decline it.  In this case, it is not Autopay fault, but a real CC decline causing Autopay failure

Need Help? Let's chat.