cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a person inquire what user name was used if they forgot the name

Greyhound
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does one inquire what user name was used if someone forgot what user name was used for community?

Because I forgot and when I tried to enter the required email, it said the email was already being used and was not able to create a community user.

Eventually after pondering for some time I remembered what user name I used and now using it.

Now I have that name locked up in my fort knox vault..!!

16 REPLIES 16

@dust2dust  Honestly I’m broke my leg and was bored and jumped on here I also have a job that slows me to play in phone … so my thought was if I could lower my bill for couple months in a row which by the way I give to friend of mine to use who down on there luck … I could screen shot the payments to help entice more friends and family to public mobile by showing what’s possible and how some people can get there phone bills to zero … and follow up the pitch with if I can do it anybody can do it lol but it’s more work then I was expecting so at the end of the I will be slowing down from here at one point very soon … my just pop in each day while waiting in line at Tim’s lol try and help a customer but my main goal was to help encourage peopl I talk to to join pm and use my referral of course … cos when I mentioned the part about friend referrals everyone that’s skeptics thing nope no way it’s pyramid scheme you try pull and laugh off and say something like I’ll stick to Telus or Koodo I’m like it’s same thing and they think I’m unaware and don’t quite have my facts straight .. so hoping a $10 -15 a month plan with 15Gb is possible then maybe just maybe I get a bit more attention from folks wanting to join 

edit I use iPhone 14 pro max Telus network 5G+ plan may help speed things up I don’t know because for most part I’m pc stupid 

@Handy1- lol It is absolutely 100% not worth the time. But the dopamine hits to see people away with their thanks and maybe a solution is nice.

You will still get the reward from this account for last month (assuming at your rate 🙂 ). So when you see the amount added in a few days then change this email address to something else and then move back into your other account and change it's email address to your service account and carry on.

I'm astounded you do this all so fast on a phone. When I'm checking in out and about I can't be bothered to take the time to type. I might if I feel particularly motivated but otherwise I'm just lurking.

@dust2dust my old one was only used once in community even then I’d have to make sure I have right email for it then attach to my current  pm phone plan and so seems like more work then it’s worth and the highly active month I put into here I cannot get back I’m not giving that up to start complete brand new again I’ve been going at this like. Over time full time job ,, their time I’m looking at phone so long my vision gone blurry …. I can’t keep going like this it’s a lot of hours wasted here in my short time 

@Handy1- Since you've only been highly active on this account for a month or so, just abandon it and continue on with your older one. Introduce yourself 🙂

@Greyhound  And that was same for me and I couldn’t remember hence making a new account in the end 

@dust2dust  No it does match community and phone .. what I was saying is I had couple other lines in pm I used community for question back in 2018/2019 and so when I decided to participate month 1/2 ago I thought I had had account already and I think I did but was for one of the old lines I used to have because when I use what I typically use it didn’t work and had create new account with email I use with phone …. But when I got community account set up I had 2-3 bravos to begin with with out making a post on this handle (handy1) but there was no anniversary badge . Not sure it normal I would have had couple bravos from start if I wasn’t already a member and I think old handle was just handy and had go handy1 ..but all accounts I had and few of the friend referral I have have one of my numbers as the alternate phone number on phone account not sure if that plays any onto it all or not 

adding so now that I think I know what I was doing wrong and having this discussion I think I may know what email I had used for it so could I blend both accounts possible so then it would look as though I have been part of community since 2018 /2019 the first time I had needed community for support @dust2dust 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

When one does the reset password for community you enter an email address. If the address is not assigned to a community account you get nothing. When it finds a community account it sends the email. That email will then have the username in it.

@Handy1- Are you saying then that your community email address for your community account does not match one for an account?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  I’m assuming the one I’m still using unless it was a different email for community at that time  because I used to have 3 lines with public and only kept one of them … and so when I came here month ago I had creat a new account because it didn’t recognize this email I use now for community and phone …. So must have been from a different line I had and email I’m guessing … it’s just funny because as soon created  handy1 handle I had like 3 bravos off the hop but no anniversary’s badges 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   Username changes for the community account also requires customer support as long as you can verify some account details I would assume, perhaps what email was attached to the community account..

Greyhound
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my user name is Greyhound and took me a number of hours to remember it was Greyhound. In the meantime I tried to create a new user name but kept getting email already being used. The option to reset password is only for resetting the password. There are no options to recover the community user name. If I did not remember my community name then I would have been forced to create a new one with a new emaill just for good old Public Mobil..!!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Greyhound - yeah, I am not sure which username you are talking about either.

If Community, then you can try this Forgot Username or Password link to find it via emails it could be:

Password Request - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@HALIMACS  But how does one change user name in community or find out what they used to use as in my case as well .. I asked because I’ve had account since 2018 came to community from before but had to make  a new user name when I came back here a month ago but you wouldn’t know it for because I don’t have the anniversary badges badges on community account 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile‘s model of service utilizes a self serve account, which is the details of your plan and SIM card and such.  The username is always an email address and is the one you activated with on day one. It can be changed, however requires support to do that for you. It’s best to use an active email account although because it’s just a username it’s not totally necessary.

For customer support, it utilizes a completely secondary system, called the community in which you also have a username. This user name can be anything you want to call it and it’s helpful that the email address attached to the community account matches the self-serve account. Users can change the community email address by clicking on their avatar and going down to my settings.

This leads to a lot of confusion among customers, understandably so. It’s unfortunate public mobile could not enable a link, so that one login can accomplish everything.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Greyhound  I wondered this before too I’ve been with public mobile since 2018 cam on community for a question when I first got account and only came back a month ago but had to creat new user name because I could remember what I had used before 

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not sure I understand because isn't your community username greyhound?  For the other phone account your username is your email and password.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Greyhound username is the email address 

First try to use the Reset Password link there, enter any possible email addresses you could have used and see if it works

if not, PM support will be your friend then, please open ticket with them

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.