cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I transfer a Koodo phone number (postpaid service) to Public Mobile when Koodo is not listed?

Mechecor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I'm trying to switch my dad to PM from Koodo.

On the set up page, Koodo is NOT listed in Old Service Provider.

What do we do?!

9 REPLIES 9

@Mechecor   

and yes, you told me your former service Koodo cancelled the service.  But PM and Koodo both owned by Telus.  So, PM can pull the number from Koodo even the service was cancelled , with one condition: the number you were using in Koodo wasn't ported in but a new number from Koodo

@Mechecor 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Transferring-ph-to-PM-Is-this-normal/td-p...

Did you call the number I sent you?  they can provide update and can help if anything went wrong

But it is too late now, please call the porting team tomorrow morning

Mechecor

8 hours post initiating port from Koodo, my dad finally can receive my text messages, send and receive calls to his old Koodo phone number on PM service.

HOWEVER

When he texts ME, it is still sent as the temporary PM phone number. 

What gives?

Mechecor

Yes, we received that text and confirmed Yes.

We immediately got an email from Koodo saying our service was canceled, so that confirms the port was in the works.

@Mechecor   So, he started the porting request?  did he get a test from Koodo and ask him to allow the port?

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Mechecor

Hello,

We transferred my dad's Koodo ph# to PM 3 hours ago, which involved us setting up a new (temporary) number first, before making the change in his profile once set up. 

We confirmed via text we wanted to port the number from Koodo, and it triggered the cancelation of Koodo services (as per email) -- so it seems like we are in limbo as Koodo is no longer active and he isn't receiving texts to his former Koodo number.

I sent some test texts to him (to his Koodo number) throughout those three hours, and he finally got a few just now. But when he replied, I got the texts from the temporary PM number, not his old Koodo number.

At present, he's still not getting the texts I send his old Koodo number right now.

Truly-- how long does this process take from your experience? PM nline quotes 30mins to 2 hours.

It's been quite the frustrating experience between the website being super glitchy, needing to activate his account via the new (very glitchy) PM mobile app, and this.

@Mechecor 

glitchy ?...definitely since Wednesday. It should get better over the next week.

Mechecor

20230526_105138.jpg

 There are apparently no numbers available.

Is the PM site and app just extremely glitchy or something?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mechecor   no worry, Koodo account can certainly come to PM

Activate first, and pick a temporary numbe first

Once all set up and working, go to My Account, Profile page, click Transfer number there and then just enter the phone number and they can trasnfer (without even picking the provider) 

or you can also choose to open ticket with support and have them to arrange the porting

Need Help? Let's chat.