cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I suspend my account for 2 months? (on a 90 days plan)

yuniversal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

I am new here. 

I need to go out of country for 2 months and looking for the best option to suspend my account (not paying for service i am not using) in the same time keeping my plan when i come back to resume it. 

I am on the 40th day of my 90 days plan. If i go to self service to suspend my plan, what's going to happen? When i resume my plan, would i be able to use the 50 remaining days of my plan? 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ashley wrote:

If you turn off auto pay in this case and let the account go in the suspended state, and  if you make a payment on the 89th day, does your new billing cycle start at the time of the payment? 

Do do you still get to keep the same plan that you were on before it went into the suspended state?

It starts at the time of payment, and you keep the same plan.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
There is no way to suspend your plan right now as other people are suggesting.
You are only 40 days so you have to wait for another 50 days to take advantage of max 89 days suspension by turning off the auto pay. Thanks and hope it answer your question.

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You plan starts on the day you pay for it. So let your current plan expire and disable auto pay before it expires so it won't renew. Then when you return make a payment and you billing will start on that day. Just don't be more then 90 days from the expiration of your current plan or you will lose plan and number l.

Ashley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That doesn't answer my question 

williamgv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
You can not suspend while you have a plane that is active. But you can suspend it once your plane is finish. But if you do not pay for 90 days your account will be close.

Ashley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you turn off auto pay in this case and let the account go in the suspended state, and  if you make a payment on the 89th day, does your new billing cycle start at the time of the payment? 

Do do you still get to keep the same plan that you were on before it went into the suspended state?

Be sure to turn off autopay. When you return you will need to make a one time payment equal to your plan cost for it to restart.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There is no option to suspend the account when a plan is active and so the clock will keep ticking on your 90 day plan.  However, once that runs out, you can suspend the account by not paying for up to 89 days.  On the 90th day, you account will be closed. 

Need Help? Let's chat.