cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I setup account for my elderly father. He is unable to do it himself.

Corrie1968
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

He has lost the use of his phone.  778*******  He lives in lytton and there is no cell reception or internet or telephone land line.  I have phoned koodoo customer service says go to any place where you can buy instant top up.  Go to London Drugs and koodoo mobile in mall and they say can buy voucher but dad still has to activate on his side.  I say cant because phone not working and inclement weather.  I do want him stuck coming down valley to use neighbors cell phone.  They say call public mobile.  Well there is no customer service phone number I can get "living" "breathing" person to help.  I then have to sign up for community account here online.   BUT guess what dad opened account in hope when he was evacuatted because of fire.  He does remember any info he gave them.  Was set up for cc payment.  Of course that I would like to change cause dad has no way of getting out of lytton right now.  I just want to do this on line and give them payment or set up direct payment from account.

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Corrie1968 

Just to be clear on how to pay for your father's service and reactivate his plan buy a pm voucher. London Drugs is a good choice as the vouchers are immediately valid upon purchase. Then follow this procedure:

1. Call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your father's 10 digit phone number.
  2. This will give you the account status, renewal date and plan amount.
  3.  Once you know the appropriate account info (amount owing so your voucher amount either equals or exceeds the plan amount) you can then load the the voucher.
  4. Press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin # from the voucher.
  5. Once accepted you will be given a verbal confirmation and 611 will send a text to your father's phone confirming a successful payment has been made.
  6. The plan and service will automatically reactivate.
  7. Hang up and try calling your father's number if he does not answer you will still be able to leave a voice mail message.

When you do speak to him ask him the details he does remember from setting up the account. If he is unsure of the four basics (see below) next most important are the payment card and details including the voucher payment and previous payment details so note the details when you first call 1 855 4PUBLIC of the date the plan expired (30 days previous would have been the last payment date) the plan amount (minus $2 autopay) and you can work out the date activated by counting 30 day cycles back to July when he was evacuated. Ask your father for his card details for account verification questions from the CSA.

If he activated in store he may not ever set up the self serve account. If this is the case you will have to co-ordinate with him to send you the 6 digit alphanumeric code texted to his phone for self serve account creation but you may have to change the email first with the CSA if the email used is unknown.

Here is an example of a London Drugs pm voucher. Note the pin code # that you will need to enter from the voucher you purchase vs other 12 digit #'s found on the voucher.

IMG_20211127_150601874~2.jpg

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Corrie1968   if you decide to reset the credentials, make sure you have the permission from your Dad and expect to answer security question.  PM will validate identity before willing to reset it.  If it is too easy, I would be worry about my own account  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Corrie1968 : You don't yet _need_ to contact anybody. You're being offered options that can get your dad's phone working again without the phone and without logging in and without calling any help line. Sure, yes, maybe nice to have in the near future, but it sounds like you want to get things going sooner.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Corrie1968 

If your dad doesn’t remember all the activation information like email, 4 digit PIN etc in Hope, BC. It might be easier for you to get a free SIM and setup a new account with your email and AutoPay for a $2/month discount.

If you need a referral code for a $10 discount off his first payment. PM members can supply you with one. 😉

Hi @Corrie1968   So, something wrong with payment and he no longer have PM service at the moment?

If that is the case you can go to a retail for instant top up   (My note above)

Or as advised by others, you can call the 1-855 number and load voucher that way without the PIN

or with his permission , you can reset the Self-serve account credentials and login as him and see if you can pay online for him

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Corrie1968 : So who has the vouchers physically in hand? Please go ahead and call 18554public and enter his phone number and you'll get some basic information. Like due date and balance if active. Or suspended if not active. If you have the vouchers then go ahead and redeem them. If he does then you need to get the numbers off the vouchers somehow. Or just go and buy some more either in stores or online and do it. The vouchers don't expire so whatever he has can be redeemed at a later time.

Corrie1968

my dad is a current pm customer.  He was paying it through monthly credit card debit.  There is no land line for him to call a do his self.  NO TELUS service for anyone.  You can get cell service if you want to drive out of town.  Problem is getting stuck in washout or a hwy maintenance closure.  It was all working nice until canada post unable to send mail through.  SO not able to pay online, not able pay buy cheque through mail.  Cant get ahold of live person through customer service from Public mobile.  London drugs and Koodoo mobile says that can accept payment BUT not guarantee payment will register and dad able to use phone.

Yes, I am not too sure if it is problem with the network  ( there is no cell reception or internet or telephone land line)  .  If so, why OP wants to top up for her dad. 

@Corrie1968 wrote:

I went to two place london drugs and koodoo kiosk in mall and both employees said I can buy it but dad still needs to register the pin on his side.  I said how does he do that if his account not active.  He is unable to call out to people.  Are you saying that if I make payment through top up that my dad does NOT have to register the pin associated with payment I make.

@Corrie1968  you can call # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC to add vouchers to make payment on your dad's account. You just need to add the 12 digit pin on the voucher.

What would be really good is if you set your dad up with a Self Serve account, so you can assist him.

Has he ever set one up? 

You can register for one here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Corrie1968 : If there's no cell service (which I understand) and he can't leave the area then why does he have a cell phone with a paid account.

Another option is that you can deal with it all remotely. Instant top-up is useful. You can do that too. But you can also use 18554public and you can redeem vouchers there. You could buy the vouchers in many stores or online and do this yourself without the phone. You can get the balance and due date if still active. If he does have a registered payment card then you can do that too but you'd need the 4 digit PIN which he doesn't remember. Alas.

Edit: Yes. You can redeem the vouchers via 18554public. You don't need the phone.

HI @Corrie1968   I am a bit lost

1. Is your Dad a current PM customer?

2. or he wants to join PM and you helping to activate?

Corrie1968

I went to two place london drugs and koodoo kiosk in mall and both employees said I can buy it but dad still needs to register the pin on his side.  I said how does he do that if his account not active.  He is unable to call out to people.  Are you saying that if I make payment through top up that my dad does NOT have to register the pin associated with payment I make.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Corrie1968 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

them will reset for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Corrie1968  

He has no cell phone now because or reception or because of payment issue?

is he a current PM customer?

if just payment issue, the easier thing to do is to go instant top up.   Just give the phone number to the cashier and they can do instant top up (there is a small service fee, like $1 or so).  It is  available at most Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands, and MacEwen locations. 

for long time, it is better if you have access to his Self-Serve My Account.  Then you can check if he has any payment issue or can update credit card for him 

Need Help? Let's chat.