cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel an old plan that I don't use anymore.

bigwig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I lost my old phone and cannot log onto my old public mobile account. How do I cancel the old plan if I can't log on to it anymore?

6 REPLIES 6

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@bigwig wrote:

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I lost my old phone and cannot log onto my old public mobile account. How do I cancel the old plan if I can't log on to it anymore?

Depending on what your "old" plan is...if you can get access to it. You could sell it or give it away. 

@HALIMACS 

Not if they are registered for autopay.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bigwig 

You don't have to necessarily cancel it but more importantly you need to access your account. If you cannot remember your password or your email to log in then contacting the moderators to help you access your account would be the best course of action.

Sending a private message will be best if your community account was created without it linked to your self serve account. Ask the moderators to report your phone lost/stolen until you acquire a new sim card that you will then have to contact the moderators again to change in your account. Be sure to have them supply you with your pin # once you establish verifying your identity as the account holder.

Do not post any of the following info in the community....do so only in a private message to the moderator team as this is sensitive account info that will help verify that you are the account holder.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #
  10. Recent or frequently called or texted phone numbers ( in or out.)

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less today as there are new trainees.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bigwig 

You need not do anything. 

After 90 days the account will automatically deactivate.

(EDIT:    @bigwig AFTER you remove payment card...

Tks,  @darlicious   🤭 )

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigwig : Dial 18554public and enter your old phone number and see what it says. It might already be fully deactivated.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@bigwig wrote:

Hi @bigwig you lost your phone, not your account.  You don't have to cancel your plan, just get a new phone and buy a new sim card and contact the moderators to swap the sim card for you.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

If you have more questions, we are here to help

RosieR

EDITED: oops misunderstood the question.  You want to cancel, not save account.  sorry!

as already mentioned by other posters below, after 90 days of being suspended, your account is automatically closed.  If you have autopay and your cc card is still being charged, contact the moderator as per my post above.

Need Help? Let's chat.