cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i refer a friend for reward

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi Everyone,

I have question for reward, If i want set up 2 phone line, can i refer myself.

Just wondering.

Thank you very much.

8 REPLIES 8

Note, the referral only works in one direction, as the first account must be created and operational first.

BigML
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@imm1304 wrote:

Thats correct.  I have 2 accounts with the same name.

Even the same gmail account is being used.  I just added an extra word after "+" in gmail address as follows. 

1st account:  me@gmail.com

2nd account: me+2ndaccount@gmail.com

Gmail is designed so that anything added after the + sign is just a label and both email addresses refer to the same gmail account.  There is an option to creat alias in hotmail/outlook as well.  Hope this helps.  

@imm1304, oh wow, that's a nice piece of info.  Thanks!!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thats correct.  I have 2 accounts with the same name.

Even the same gmail account is being used.  I just added an extra word after "+" in gmail address as follows. 

1st account:  me@gmail.com

2nd account: me+2ndaccount@gmail.com

Gmail is designed so that anything added after the + sign is just a label and both email addresses refer to the same gmail account.  There is an option to creat alias in hotmail/outlook as well.  Hope this helps.  

BigML

@imm1304 wrote:

Hey @BigML,

Yes it works.  Doesn't matter if you used the same credit card to pay for both accounts.

You just need 2 separate email addresses as the PM system only allows 1 account per email address. 

So, as long as the email addresses are different, I could even have the same name?

imm1304

Hey @BigML,

Yes it works.  Doesn't matter if you used the same credit card to pay for both accounts.

You just need 2 separate email addresses as the PM system only allows 1 account per email address. 

BigML

@kaytus wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have question for reward, If i want set up 2 phone line, can i refer myself.

Just wondering.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Did you end up getting this "self referral" working?

Just curious.

Thanks,

Rick
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go for it, when activating just put in your phone number as the refering number and you will get $1 off for each month both lines are active.

imm1304

Hi @kaytus, when you or your friend is activating a new account, there is an an option for referral reward. Just enter the phonen number of the person who referred you.  I think you can refer yourself when you have two lines... make sure you choose two different email addresses for the two lines.  You will get a text message letting you know about the referral on the first line.  Good luck!  

Welcome to public mobile and let us know how the activation went for you.  

Need Help? Let's chat.