cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I put my plan on hold?

SammyBoBammy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going on a vacation for a month and I'm curious if there is a way I can pause my plan during my stay.

7 REPLIES 7

@SammyBoBammy wrote:

$35 plan

Bonus $2 off from autopay as well as 500mb of data from autopay.

Thanks.

Hi @SammyBoBammy ,

Timing could be for or against you to suspend your account. But it may work out for you.

I would say at least what @hairbag1 suggests and downgrade to $15 ($13 with autopay). You'll at least save some buck there.

Happy Vaca!

SammyBoBammy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

$35 plan

Bonus $2 off from autopay as well as 500mb of data from autopay.

Thanks.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SammyBoBammy wrote:

I'm going on a vacation for a month and I'm curious if there is a way I can pause my plan during my stay.

For a month ?...unless you're really strapped for cash, I'd suggest just pay for the renewal as normal and forget about it.

If you have one of the expensive'er plans, you can just downgrade to $15 plan  at next renewal.

You can "pause" it using the suggested methods above, but IMO...I'd just leave well enuff alone.

Enjoy your vaca...take a mask !!  😷

winston11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i guess not paying for one month could be the solution. and for not paying one month, ur account wont be suspended

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Instead of removing your credit card disable autopay.

But in reality it depends on when you leave and when your plan renews. Sometimes it's not worth the hassle .

Ie plan expires July 28 and you leave Aug 1 then you either have a couple days before vacation without service.   Or if your leave Aug 1 but plan expires Aug 20 then you would save at most 10 days.

Also what plan are you on ie are you getting a $ discount for x months or bonus data?  If yes suspending service could cause the loss of those promos.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@SammyBoBammy of there is a balance for more than the cost of the plan on your account, enable lost/ stolen.  20200504_182846.jpg

If there isn't one, then remove your credit card. You will have up to 89 days from date of suspension to reactivate it. Enjoy your vacation.  Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@SammyBoBammy hi you can remove cc and your plan will suspend at end of cycle also you can put it in lost/stolen mode don"t forget to take it out off lost/stolen when you return

Need Help? Let's chat.