cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How and when does referral benefit appear (both sides)?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Recently (Nov 9) I helped FriendA refer FriendB to PM. FriendA is on $25 and the old Rewards program. FriendB is on $15 plan and of course new Rewards program. I know they entered the referral code because I walked them through it.

I think FriendB should still get $10 for being referred, right? I don't see it anywhere but perhaps it will just show up on 1st renewal date (Dec 9) the way credits in the old Rewards program does (e.g. the $5 Loyalty Reward appears on the same date the CC is charged).

FriendA just auto-renewed on Nov 18, and got the same Refer-A-Friend bonus as previous months.

Is that the expected behaviour? Or should FriendB see the $10 as a credit already, and/or should FriendA have received another $1 Reward on Nov 18 even though FriendB hasn't received their $10? If FriendA should have received another $1 on Nov 18 for RaF, maybe we need to chase this down.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ottawa 

First, have them log into their respective self-serve accounts and on the self-serve landing page, click the little spinner icon to load a current page.   The site tends to display a cached version and that causes a lot of accuracy issues.

HALIMACS_0-1668951285561.png

For the person who did the referring, they should be able to see details of the refer-a-friend on their rewards portal within self-serve.

If neither has received the rewards they should have, it is something the person who used the code (new customer) needs to contact the CSA's about.   

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa 

Both of you should see the credit applied to your account in 3 days…friend A $1/month and friend B one time $10 credit.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ottawa wrote:

Recently (Nov 9) I helped FriendA refer FriendB to PM. FriendA is on $25 and the old Rewards program. FriendB is on $15 plan and of course new Rewards program. I know they entered the referral code because I walked them through it.

I think FriendB should still get $10 for being referred, right? I don't see it anywhere but perhaps it will just show up on 1st renewal date (Dec 9) the way credits in the old Rewards program does (e.g. the $5 Loyalty Reward appears on the same date the CC is charged).

FriendA just auto-renewed on Nov 18, and got the same Refer-A-Friend bonus as previous months.

Is that the expected behaviour? Or should FriendB see the $10 as a credit already, and/or should FriendA have received another $1 Reward on Nov 18 even though FriendB hasn't received their $10? If FriendA should have received another $1 on Nov 18 for RaF, maybe we need to chase this down.

Thanks.

Friend B was supposed to get $10 in less than 72 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.