cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday rewards - 2022

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Received email with this PM Christmas gift - It advises that in order to get the free data ta espond to text with a YES2 --is required--- However any and all texts received from PM I promptly delete --- I'm concerned that I possibly have deleted the PM free gift text and also deleted my trash. Is there a way to have this text offer re-sent?

34 REPLIES 34

HI @richie_b2   it is for ALL PM customers

but it takes time for PM to send the text.  They will send small number of text daily until Dec 15.  So, your spouse will get it before Dec 15.  Just need wait a bit

richie_b2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What plans are eligible for this? I got the offer but my spouse who is on the old $15 plan did not. Tried opening a new message on their phone and sending YES2 and got a response saying they are not eligible. 

vistaliving
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry, I clarified in another post.  still haven't gotten text for regular bonus.  so I'll wait and hopefully it comes.

HI@vistaliving   you will get it.  everyone in your household will get it

PM sending the text from now till Dec 15.  It is only couple days, 10 more days to go

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vistaliving 

It is not misleading 

@vistaliving wrote:

The promo is misleading.  The T and C.  1GB for points members.  2GB/500m LD for all customers.

One-time $0 2GB data add-on and one-time $0 500 minutes International Long Distance calling add-on are available to be added by all new and existing Public Mobile customers between December 1st 2022 9:00AM ET and December 31st 2022 11:59PM ET. New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation. Existing customers will receive a SMS between December 1-15. Reply to receive add on automatically loaded to account. Public Points members can redeem an extra Right here it says EXTRA  one-time 1GB of data free from their My Rewards account. Customers must be opted in to Public Points to redeem the offer. Free $0 add-ons are one-time only and will fall off account when fully used. Each free add-on will only be added to each customer account once

I Am not sure how you think that is misleading

vistaliving

Sorry, I want to clarify.  4 members in my house use PM.  None of us gotten the text for 2GB/500m.  On old reward program still.  

vistaliving

The promo is misleading.  The T and C.  1GB for points members.  2GB/500m LD for all customers.

One-time $0 2GB data add-on and one-time $0 500 minutes International Long Distance calling add-on are available to be added by all new and existing Public Mobile customers between December 1st 2022 9:00AM ET and December 31st 2022 11:59PM ET. New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation. Existing customers will receive a SMS between December 1-15. Reply to receive add on automatically loaded to account. Public Points members can redeem an extra one-time 1GB of data free from their My Rewards account. Customers must be opted in to Public Points to redeem the offer. Free $0 add-ons are one-time only and will fall off account when fully used. Each free add-on will only be added to each customer account once

@dippitlo261   no worry.  It will come  🙂

dippitlo261

My bf has received his, yet I'm still waiting for my text as of today Sunday Dec. 4 at 5:56 PM MT. 😥

CMPOON

You can check it in the Rewards-add-on. Maybe you can find this bonus! Happy Christmas!

brettster99

@Tsawwassen YAY, me and my mom both got the deal. YAY!!!!

Tsawwassen

Yes -- that they are -- trying to encourage us to switch to the points system. However I do appreciate their selfless 2GB data gift.

Tsawwassen

Was also joking - happy Hollidays.

Tsawwassen

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Tsawwassen   I thought you switched to the new system.  If you are, then you will get that additional 1GB

for those who are on old , only 2GB plus LD minutes

You seem to to think that you know quite a bit about others accounts - Do you have the skills to view others private info? And by the way in this case you are off base - I'm on the original rewards system that should have been obvious because of my post. 

@Tsawwassen wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Tsawwassen  There are, undeniably, some great perks to the new points rewards program. This offer makes me tend to move over. 🤔😉

Sound good to me - Sent me your old rewards plan ------ 

@Tsawwassen 

Look at the emojis. 

Tsawwassen

@brettster99 wrote:

@Tsawwassen  You get two but I have yet to receive any. Gotta keep waiting I guess. Also, the reason it's not available to all is to make people switch. 

So it's not an unselfish gift. Maybe I got your 2GB - ha ha 

brettster99

@Tsawwassen  You get two but I have yet to receive any. Gotta keep waiting I guess. Also, the reason it's not available to all is to make people switch. 

Tsawwassen

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Tsawwassen  There are, undeniably, some great perks to the new points rewards program. This offer makes me tend to move over. 🤔😉

Sound good to me - Sent me your old rewards plan ------ 

Tsawwassen

@Yummy wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

ONLY?!?!? Be grateful to get anything. 😋😁

That's not the point! Refer to my post.  By the way Just got 2 texts with the 2 GB offer - wonder if this is a glitch or is PM double gifting me - I answered YES2 to both texts and see what happens.

@hTideGnow wrote:

ONLY?!?!? Be grateful to get anything. 😋😁

tzliu

Best of both worlds? 

Old reward system - your price is going down by up to $5 per month as reward for loyalty and by $2 pre-auth payment every month.

New reward system - puny 10 points for 12 months ($0.833 per month) and 5% of plan payment AND we have to wait till points reach 15 to redeem. 

Not sure if PM is discriminating. If you feel very strong about it, no one is stopping you from switching to new system. It is the intention of PM, anyway.  BTW, by joining point system, you could win an iPhone 13 or a 55" Samsung TV, or other goodies (dinning card, Amazon card) in jackpot draws using your points. 

HI @Tsawwassen   I thought you switched to the new system.  If you are, then you will get that additional 1GB

porcupine

old points is very good 

The announcement seems to be very clear about the third bullet.  Not sure what the problem is.  Ever think that those on the points reward system are crying foul because the legacy reward system is no longer offered?  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-with-Public-Mobile/td-p...

Correct. Only if you are on points you will get additional 1GB. No thanks.

brettster99

@Tsawwassen  It’s not, they are trying to incentivize all of us on the old rewards system to the new system in a cheap as possible way. Because they actually save money because the new rewards system is a lot less valuable and don’t get as much back in discounts. 

so they are trying to incentivize moving. Nothing will make me move from the old rewards system 

@Tsawwassen Hi both systems have their good points still would rather the old system 

Tsawwassen

The "Free Holiday 1GB Data!" Seems to only be offered to accounts that have switched to the point system.

It's not a big deal but it does seem discriminatory .

Thank you all for  comments – HOWEVER the post is not as to what reward system is better but as to why this Christmas bonus is not offered to all PM plan holders.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Some phones will keep deleted texts in the trash settings for upto 30 days and they can be restored if needed.

Need Help? Let's chat.