cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey I'm Evangeline

Evangeline123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need account I can't make one because my SIM card is broken and I can't get the code so I can set up account I got a new SIM card but can't use it because I need account to change it please help 

14 REPLIES 14

I think you should get another unlocked phone and a brand new SIM card and start from scratch.  And have some one help you. Some of your entries, to me, are conflicting. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Evangeline123  When you activated the original sim you must have received a Welcome email from Public. Is you have that email you can get your account number. Use that information and contact the moderators and ask them for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Evangeline123 wrote:

Its not my phone it's the sim card that's why i got a new one to change it but I can't because I didn't set up my account yet and that what I was trying to do

If you activated your plan in-store and broke your SIM before creating your self-serve account, you need moderator assistant to create your self-serve account because you need a working SIM card to receive the 6 digits code by text message.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.

After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can enable email notification after you receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save
=

@Evangeline123 try the 2 things that I mentioned above to see if your old SIM will work. If it doesnt,  and since you don't have an acccount and cannot use Simon. Please use this private message link to contact the moderators directly and explain your situation. Ask them to help you to set up your self service account.  And to reset your old SIM card. Sims are pretty sturdy.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there. 

Did you activate the Sim as @will13am mentioned? 

Evangeline123

Its not my phone it's the sim card that's why i got a new one to change it but I can't because I didn't set up my account yet and that what I was trying to do

The SIM card number is on the back of SIM card. Can you remove the sim from your phone?

@Evangeline123 let's see if we can get you SIM working. Try these 2 things. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

If they work, use this link to set up your self service account https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ if not, then contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

Is it possible your phone is locked and it's not your sim card? What kind of phone? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Evangeline123 , here is an illustrated guide on how to fill in the activation pages.  This plus the official help page should get you going in the right direction.  Good luck.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

Evangeline123

And I can't get the code because my SIM card is not working 

@Evangeline123 Have you activated you SIM card yet? Here is an article on how to activate it and set up your self service account. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up

Evangeline123

I didn't make one account yet that's what I need to do

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Evangeline123 when was the last time that you logged into your self service account?  If its been more than 90 days, your account is closed and you need to set up a new one, with new email address.

If it hasn't been 90 days, then of you know your email address used to create the account and your secret question answer, you can use the forget password link to get back into it.

Once you get back in, you can change your SIM from within.

Need Help? Let's chat.