cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me please to get back to Public Mobile

Denlac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have been in USA for the last 5 months. I used the usa option for the first week but it was not working. I did put $ in my account in November 2021 to keep it activated. I had to put $ on March 12, but I totally forgot. Now I can not access my account to put more $ in it so I can use it again in May 2022 when back in Canada. All i find is that i need a new account and a new Sim card. The sim card is the main problem, since I am in USA. How can I reuse the same Sim card that is still in my phone? Is there anyway that I can have a way to reactivate my account and the one of my wife while we are in USA?  I know that I forgot about my account, but there is certainly a way for a senior support to access my 2 accounts and help us.

27 REPLIES 27

Denlac

ok thanks

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So that is a Telus originating number. Good.

Public sims can receive texts in the US without roaming add-ons. Assuming the sim slot and the phone is configured properly to do that.

So you still need to know if the number belongs to someone else by now but you have a slim tiny chance of getting it back if not. You would need a sim and start a whole new account and be automatically placed in the new points system.

If you know anybody in Canada that could get you a sim and tell you the sim number then you could do this remotely. You just wouldn't be able to use it until you insert the sim in your phone. Your friend could put it in an old phone though but there's not much you can do with it. I would wait until your return.

Your current sim is garbage now.

Denlac

If It can help me or others in same situation. The SIM is still in my phone witch a second sim card from a USA service provider (Mint Mobile).  So my phone can use the 2 Sim cards but I am now in USA so what I think is that the Sim card from Public Mobile does not get message to me because I am not in Canada.  In last November, I paid for Roaming service in USA but it only worked for a few days and I certainly paid too much for a bad roaming service out of the country....  My old phone number started by 418-291-xxxx.

It would lead us to which provider "owns" the number.

You said the sim was still in your phone. Had it been the entire time? Was it turned off in the phone? The sim should have received text notifications about the status of your account along the way.

Denlac

Hi, How would this help to get a solution?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you provide the first 6 digits of your number if you're not concerned about hinting at what town the number came from.

@softech wrote:

HI @Meow   I hope OP will come back and try to get a solution out of it and not just come and express his frustration and disappear again

Absolutely! I am not after Bravos or Solutions here. My goal is to help other customers. If I get pat on the back - thank you!

It will definitely be nice and helpful to hear from OP if his issue has been resolved so we know how to advise similar asks. But not many provide feedback after posting initial question... Lets see if this is different.

Denlac

Hi Thanks, I sent SMS to my old phone number, so far no feedback, we will see...

@Denlac wrote:

Hi again, I just tried to call my old number and it rings 12 times without answer, so it may still be available,

If number is unallocated usually it says call cannot be completed or number is not in service.

Ringing x times could mean vmail is deactivated and it will ring and ring... I would let it ring until something happens - either system kicks you off or somebody replies. Being mobile number, you can SMS it and kindly ask 'if somebody receives this note, please confirm, etc.'

Denlac

Hi I just gave you a Bravo for your assistance.  I will try again to get help from PM opening a ticket to keep that number for me if they can, we will see. Thanks again.

@Denlac   Open a ticket first and ask them, if they agree, then you might need to ask a friend to get you a new SIM to activate

There is a mobile store https://canadiancellsupplies.com/ that will be willing to get you the sim card, activate first and send to your home or US address.  Many members here like their service.  So, if PM agrees to give you back the number if you activate, this shop can help

Denlac

Hi again, I just tried to call my old number and it rings 12 times without answer, so it may still be available, but I am still in USA for a month and I can not have a new sim card and reactivate from USA.  So only a person in charge of the system at Public Mobile could help if they want but I do not know how.  If it is possible, I am back as a user.

@Denlac wrote:

Thanks, but the number is probably gone by now.

@Denlac  did you try to call the number and someone picked up ?

If not, it could still be available, the number have to wait for at least  a month before available to be selected.  Even it is available, doesn't mean people would see it and pick it (usually PM just give 6 numbers for people to choose)

If it is a number you got from PM as new number when you activated, try to ask them.  We see some successful stories before when people missed the 90 days deadline for couple days.  In your case, it probably a bit longer than couple days, but you never know,

Denlac

Thanks, but the number is probably gone by now.

@Denlac wrote:

Hi Softech, I opened a ticket and the result is that there no solution.  So I will stick with my USA Mint Mobile service provider and add some travel service for my use of the phone service in Canada.  Thanks, but Public Mobile does not have the level of service to help a client come back, from my point of view, it ends here.

@Denlac   Thanks for the update.  But you missed the 90 days to top up the line

Many providers are now not helping customer to select specific number or getting old number back even they can.  

Curious, did you get your number new from Public Mobile or Koodo or Telus?  If you do , there is still a chance to get the number back if you activate with PM if you push your case and escalate to senior support.   You can try.  Open a ticket and push, if they agree, then you activate it again

However, if your number was ported into PM, then PM really cannot help, the reason is that the number would have retuned to the original provider and you have to try to check with that original provider.  PM cannot just get the number from there

Hope it helps

Denlac

Hi Softech, I opened a ticket and the result is that there no solution.  So I will stick with my USA Mint Mobile service provider and add some travel service for my use of the phone service in Canada.  Thanks, but Public Mobile does not have the level of service to help a client come back, from my point of view, it ends here.

Denlac

Meow, Thank you for your feedback and concern. I did reach an agent by texting and after explaining the situation there is no solution to give me back my account and phone number.  Usually when you do business with a company that is client service oriented, ther is a solution to this kind of matter, at least a one time chance to get back.  Ghe main problem is that there no way to talk to someone who is really in charge and can give a chance at someone when they do an honest request.  Maybe this kind of strict rule policy client service is not for me.. If I was ahead of the company I would give a second chance and not require to get a new sim to reactivate the service.  Since I am still in USA for a while with a wonderful 5 stars service from Mint Mobile, I will just add a travel service to my USA service that I will use in Canada for the next 6 months.  At $180.00 per year, Mont Mobile is really on the top and it is very easy to get support by calling them and talk to a real person who is there only to help you and keep the numbers of clients growing.  Thanks again.

HI @Meow   I hope OP will come back and try to get a solution out of it and not just come and express his frustration and disappear again

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Denlac wrote:

I did not accept this solution OK

Most likely it was handled by Oracle if OP does not provide feedback within reasonable time.

Based on your initial post, I did provide proper suggestion which was accepted.

I do not think PM will accommodate you and restore your account because of your circumstances.

Rules are very clearly written: no payment for 90+ days, account gets closed, number lost.

As I mentioned, it does NOT hurt to talk to agent, so please do that.

We are customers like you and we try to assist each other. You can voice your opinion talking to agent regarding PM policy.

@Denlac   You can go back and click "Not a solution" on that if you don't think it is

In terms of bravos, while you can give your bravos yourself to any posts, other members can also bravos any replies that we think helpful.  

In your case, it looks like your account has been suspended for over 90 days, if that is the case, getting a new SIM and activate a new account seems to be a valid solution and the chosen solution would be a correct approach in your case or for people with similar situation.

However, there is a slim chance PM Support can assist as couple of us suggested, did you try?  You have started this post on April 3 , we replied with what you should do next but you never come back to update us what you did or if you tried what we suggested, it's hard for us who try to help.

If you have not done so, please open a ticket with PM Support and have them to clear up the situation.

Again, if in the unfortunate situation that  your account was closed due to non payment for 90 days and PM Support is unable to assist you with getting back your number, you will have to activate a new line then

Denlac

I did not accept this solution OK

Denlac

There should not be any Bravo because the right solution should be to communicate to the client before closing the account and give the client a chance to coma back to this service provider. Now I am gone, so who is the winner since I am not bringing money anymore in contribution to grow the number of clients. So this is not an acceptable solution to me.  The bravo should come from me if I am satisfied witch is not the case.  You are a providing the info as it is in the company rules, so no bravo for that from my point of view....

Denlac

There should not be any Bravo because the right solution should be to communicate to the client before closing the account and give the client a chance to coma back to this service provider. Now I am gone, so who is the winner since I am not bringing money anymore in contribution to grow the number of clients. So this is not an acceptable solution to me.  The bravo should come from me if I am satisfied witch is not the case.  You are a providing the info as it is in the company rules, so no bravo for that from my point of view....

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Denlac wrote:

I know that I forgot about my account, but there is certainly a way for a senior support to access my 2 accounts and help us.

You can always talk to agent and ask for leniency but I would not hold my breath for any positive resolution.

After 90 days of no payment, your account(s) would be closed, number returned to a pool of available numbers and probably already taken by new customer.

If that is the case, you should buy new SIM (there is a good deal from CCS - $1.99, free shipping) or activate new plan at Walmart and get free SIM.

Again, talk to agent, maybe they can do something for you; never hurts to ask.

Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Denlac 

Unfortunately if you missed the 90 day deadline there is no way to recover your accounts once they are cancelled and deactivated. I've been in your shoes and missed by one day! If your phone numbers were originally from the telus family then there is a chance that customer support can retrieve your phone numbers from the hold numbers pool. If they originally came from any other provider they have been released back to them.

Where are you in the US? Do you have family or friends in Canada that can forward you pm sim cards? They would probably need to be activated in Canada first. Where will you be returning to when you arrive back in Canada? Purchasing ahead of time from Canadian Cell Supplies either stand alone SIM cards currently on sale for $1.99 or an activation bundle with 20% off your first month and a free SIM card and having them shipped to your Canadian residence may be your best alternative.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Denlac   After 90 days non-payment, the account would have permanently closed and your old number was returned to the original provider , ie, you lost the number

To use the service again, you will have to get a NEW sim and activate as a new account with a new number

Your option to assure you have phone service right a way when you are back in May is to have a friend to get a new SIM for you, activate the service with a new number and either send you the new PM SIM ( but could lost in the mail) or give it to you in person  when they see you back  in Canada

Your other option is to get a VoIP app , like TextNow as a temporary solution until you have time to activate the new line when you are back.  TextNow is an app, but it gives you a regular phone number.  You can use it like a real phone except you need Wifi and you answer all calls via the app on the phone.

Hope this helps

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Main question is: were your account suspended for no payment for 90+ days?

If yes, your account is closed forever and phone number reassigned.

Did you pay full plan cost for these 5 months, month by month or at least every other month?

If your account is closed you have to start from scratch: get new SIM, activate, get new number, etc., etc.

a little bit more details of your payments are needed to know exactly where are you with account.

Need Help? Let's chat.