cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - completed signup 20 hrs ago - still waiting for my phone to work.

WaldoWaldoWaldo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After completing the signup and installing the sim and completing the transfer request and waiting almost 24 hrs, the phone is still not connected to Public Mobile - now its emergency calls only.

8 REPLIES 8

@pca wrote:

I had to go into my phone settings under celluar data and manually delete my previous provider.  Then it fired up. 

Deleting access points settings from a device is unrrelated to the inability to connect to the base cellular network.

pca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had to go into my phone settings under celluar data and manually delete my previous provider.  Then it fired up. 

WaldoWaldoWaldo

OK - will be patient.

@WaldoWaldoWaldo   You can contact Public Mobile customer service by sending a private message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at your private messages inbox, envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no envelope.

WaldoWaldoWaldo

So who do I call?

The phone says Emergency calls only.  I see my phone sim says the right phone number. But the network says Emergency Calls Only.  My previous  provider already sent me email that they are closing my account there.

@WaldoWaldoWaldo wrote:

Its a physical sim.  And I have no other phones to test it in.  The original message from Publick mobile was that it should take about 5 hours.

It doesn't take 5 hours to get a network connection to Public Mobile. That part is immediate.  It's only the number porting that is fnished in most cases within a few hours. The way that your phone says emergency calls only isn't a number porting issue.

WaldoWaldoWaldo

Its a physical sim.  And I have no other phones to test it in.  The original message from Publick mobile was that it should take about 5 hours.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WaldoWaldoWaldo 

esim or physical sim card?

if physical, test it in another phone

if eSIM, let us know, there are more to confirm

Need Help? Let's chat.