cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Transpher Sim Card to my new iPhone 13 failed to work

WillRan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I Have a new iPhone 13 and I placed my old sim card in it.

Cant use the data or accept calls when not connected to the wifi.

It says it is connected to public Mobile but no apps or messaging works unless I'm connected to my wifi.

58 REPLIES 58

@WillRan 

did you try this:

After remove the profile  and reboot, do  a system update from the settings -> general section.

@WillRan wrote:

Yes, that sounds like what I will have to do. Thanks!! Is this an issue with all carriers?

I wonder about that too.  But are you getting any  Mobile Data connection at all on LTE? or nothing, no calls no data?

WillRan

Yes, that sounds like what I will have to do. Thanks!! Is this an issue with all carriers?

@WillRan   Last couple users we help got it downgrade back within 15 minutes.  

Since it is a push, probably you just need to wait

Maybe you can seek help from the Apple Community? or best of all, you can head to an Apple store and their agent will likely do it for you as well 🙂

WillRan

Still, no update. I tried iTunes but it just keeps saying that I'm all up to date at 15.4. Ugg if I reset my phone I will lose all my settings and everything on the phone. I won't be able to use my backup because it was for the 15.4 IOS. Ugggg

@WillRan   you can try to reboot the phone again.  Make sure Wifi is on and connected

Also, you can try to connect your phone to iTune on a computer and try to try to trigger an update manually 

WillRan

This is taking forever...no update to the original IOS has happened.

WillRan

I appreciate your help...Yes, I have deleted the beta profile...was just curious about if it was easier to downgrade to 15.3...not going to, however. I'm still waiting for the new update download...and yes I'm on my wifi. Is this just a public Mobile issue?

@WillRan wrote:

When I updated my phone after I purchased it yesterday that the IOs that it updated it to...how does one downgrade to 15.3

@WillRan   I thought you said you are removing the Beta profile already.

After you remove the iOS beta profile, reboot the phone and wait couple minutes (of course, make sure you connecting to Wifi)

WillRan

When I updated my phone after I purchased it yesterday that the IOs that it updated it to...how does one downgrade to 15.3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@WillRan 

I am surprised you have IOS 15 Beta, this is for developers and iPhone testers.

Install the pubic IOS 15.3 and you should be good to go.

WillRan

Will do!!

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WillRan wrote:

how do i do that?

@WillRan 

Switch 3G - Device Guides

@WillRan wrote:

I'm deleting it now

Come back and give us the good news  🙂

WillRan

I'm deleting it now

To downgrade, try to remove the beta profile

How to remove iOS 15 Beta by deleting the beta Profile

Previously, if you have used a PC to install iOS 15 beta on your iPhone or iPad devices, then you can easily try to restore your Apple devices to the public version of the iOS operating system and remove the beta version. Follow the steps given below to remove iOS 15 beta version by deleting the beta profile, and then wait for a couple of minutes to get the next software update automatically.

• On your iPhone or iPad, you need to first go to Settings and then go General option.
  • In the General option, search for VPN & Device Management and tap on it.
  • After that, click the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  • Finally, you need to click on Remove Profile and then restart your iPhone or iPad devices.
  • In the next couple of minutes, you will automatically be greeted with the next software update. Just install it and you are done.

WillRan

I didn't install it via my computer

WillRan

how do i do that?

@WillRan   How you  load the beta before?  with Computer or just Wifi download?

try my suggestion above for "remove iOS 15 Beta by deleting the beta Profile"

some people need to connect the iPhone back to the computer to downgrade if you install it via computer earlier

In terms or data/backup , it should be fine.  At least 3 customers have done this and none of those complains.  Of course, you can check on the Apple Community just in case

Yes, this is confirmed that 15.4 beta won't work here.  You are at least the 5th customers with this issue

WillRan

I have always used the beta versions on my iPhone...never heard of any issues.....If I do switch back to the old IOS won't I have to delete everything...Then I won't be able to use my backup from iCloud to load everything back

@WillRan  Curious, why you use the beta version? was it because of the Face recognition when mask is on? 

@WillRan  

check this thread for more background

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Data-not-working-and-calling/m-p/780748

View solution in original post

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/I-cannot-access-the-internet/m-p/781468

To downgrade, try to remove the beta profile

How to remove iOS 15 Beta by deleting the beta Profile

Previously, if you have used a PC to install iOS 15 beta on your iPhone or iPad devices, then you can easily try to restore your Apple devices to the public version of the iOS operating system and remove the beta version. Follow the steps given below to remove iOS 15 beta version by deleting the beta profile, and then wait for a couple of minutes to get the next software update automatically.

• On your iPhone or iPad, you need to first go to Settings and then go General option.
  • In the General option, search for VPN & Device Management and tap on it.
  • After that, click the iOS Beta Software Profile.
  • Finally, you need to click on Remove Profile and then restart your iPhone or iPad devices.
  • In the next couple of minutes, you will automatically be greeted with the next software update. Just install it and you are done.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @WillRan 

try manually selecting network "3G only"
and Rebooting device.

Check the Status of Your Device| DeviceCheck.ca

WillRan

I do have Beta 15.4...how do I drop to 15.3

your beta is 15.4?

No, it is a known issue.  Need it back to 15.3

WillRan

No updates...but I have already updated to a beta version. I had used the same beta IOS on my Iphone 12 with no problems

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WillRan   You have the latest Carrier Profile?

and what OS you have ?  There is a problem with iOS 15.4 beta , you have to download back to 15.3. or so to get it working, there were 3 or 4 customers with that issue on iOS 15.4 Beta

Anonymous
Not applicable

While on that wifi, go into About phone and check for any updates. Though don't install a beta version of iOS.

Need Help? Let's chat.