cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing Disabled customers

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a child who wouldn't use calling at all since he has a hearing disability. He would just require untlimited text and data. I look online with PM and do not see any plans that would be beneficial really. It would cost the same to have calling. Do you think that PM would offer one of these plans in the future and not cost the same as all three bundled together? 

4 REPLIES 4

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@brent_liza I have grandchildren who also only want (traditional) texting and data. Koodo has a prepaid texting only plan for $15 and you can buy data add-ons for $30/gb. Add-ons are not purchased every month; only as needed. However, we find that data usage soon averages $10 - $15 per month. At which point Public Mobile's 3G plans are better value, even though they include unlimited calling.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The best you could do is just buy a tablet plan such as fido $15/3gb then use chat apps like whatsapps/hangout/fb messenger/etc.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@brent_liza, I have the perfect solution for you.  Since it is with a different carrier and this forum is about helping customers with this service, we can discuss it offline.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brent_liza, You are not obliged to take talk in your plan.  However, In many cases, it is actually cheaper to add provincial talk to a text/data plan.

As to whether Public Mobile will offer any specific plans/promos/discounts in the future is anyones guess.

Need Help? Let's chat.