cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having major problems transferring my Koodo number

LeviMorrison
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having major difficulty transferring my Koodo number. I tried the following steps from reading community forums:

1. Activity Public Mobile Non-Koodo number. Create account. 

2. Click " Transfer number"

3. Connect to Chatbot, and explain issue

4. Be directed to log a help ticket

5. On the help ticket window, my email and community name do not work (I can sign in other areas through the site) so I cannot log a help ticket. I am stuck here....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

41 REPLIES 41

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I would think you would be happy that everyone is treated fairly and that after the appropriate investigation is done that a member is allowed to return after being wrongfully banned or accused of wrongdoing? It is up to us to make everyone feel welcome and help them along their journey in the community in a respectful, courteous and friendly manner. Would you not want the same fair shake of the can if you found yourself in a similar position due to no fault of your own?

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Not yet.

@darlicious Today is the day!!  😞

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

The porting team has no access to pm accounts. How customer support determines which account they cancel and ensure that the Sim card is properly provisioned to the correct account is up to them. There is no point of risking a port completion that could leave the OP with partial or no working services. Since the koodo account is postpaid and therefore subject to probation paying for one more day of guaranteed service on the koodo Sim card is not going to break the bank.

Mind you why pm removed the fail safe at activation to prevent this kind of thing from happening is beyond me? But the more problems pm causes the more record breaking solutions @Handy1 can acquire with their thoughtful, informative posts that provide almost every customer with how to contact customer support. While this info is not provided on 100 % of all posts it allows @esjliv to bravo this member rather than constantly complain about it being a "signature" and misdirecting customers to contact customer support when it is not needed. 😀

I am not certain why you felt the need to bring me into this thread @darlicious.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LeviMorrison any good news today??

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1  

If so then the first past the post strategy will not coincide with the "How to win friends and Influence people" playbook? It's quality not quantity that makes the community helpful and informative. Plastering the links to customer support for nearly every question asked is a cop out....it should be used as a last resort. It's our goal to not send a customer to customer support for a resolution but if we need to they should be armed with as much correct information as possible about their issue so that their interaction with a CSA is as short and painless as we can make it. The community is only as good as the information we provide.

Oh and laughs are strictly limited to the lounge that someone and/or somebody have messed up by filling it full of posts and threads about phone stuff! 🤪🥳😲😀

@darlicious  ahh I gotcha well I’ve not been around long enough to know what those inequities are .y’all are the site stewards in many ways and I recognize that and will take your word for it also , I just want to be your friends And help the folks that come here in need assistance and have some laughs along the way 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

No I am merely upset with the inequities with which pm allows the community to be run. What is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander. It is not administered fairly whatsoever and that bothers me which occasionally comes out in a catty remark. 🐈 If I wait long enough I'm sure this will get sent to the abyss along with a few thousand others deemed unworthy by a couple of members allowed to exercise their opinion by absolute power.

#NFC

@darlicious  I’m sorry if I’ve upset you some how or done something wrong again , I’m new still learning and trying please be patent with me gang … I made up some of my own images to be able to share I’m trying gang I truly am 

edit the silver lining I’m hoping is you all recognize I’m being thoughtful at least , private mode lol 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Not yet.

@darlicious   the thoughtful informative posts include both how to contact agent as well as Incognito mode  🤣

I still feel like Someone Serious is back.. 🤣

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

The porting team has no access to pm accounts. How customer support determines which account they cancel and ensure that the Sim card is properly provisioned to the correct account is up to them. There is no point of risking a port completion that could leave the OP with partial or no working services. Since the koodo account is postpaid and therefore subject to probation paying for one more day of guaranteed service on the koodo Sim card is not going to break the bank.

Mind you why pm removed the fail safe at activation to prevent this kind of thing from happening is beyond me? But the more problems pm causes the more record breaking solutions @Handy1 can acquire with their thoughtful, informative posts that provide almost every customer with how to contact customer support. While this info is not provided on 100 % of all posts it allows @esjliv to bravo this member rather than constantly complain about it being a "signature" and misdirecting customers to contact customer support when it is not needed. 😀

@darlicious   I am pretty sure porting team can help to move the porting request from account 1 to account 2 in this case.  But porting team is now closed for the night, let's hope the support ticket OP opened can now sort it out quickly 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

The OP should only deal with customer support at this time as there are two accounts created. They don't want the telus porting department to complete the port on a non functioning account. 

@LeviMorrison 

For the moment just use your koodo Sim card for service until pm customer support can fix your issues.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeviMorrison 

That's because you have a stuck port from your original activation. With the fail safe removed you have managed to create 2 accounts with one Sim card. Just leave well enough alone and wait for customer support to fix this....mess. Not your fault but it is what it is for now. Make sure you get a ticket or private message sent marked urgent in the next 5 minutes as customer support closes at 10pm eastern and you want a reply tonight.

when I change #, it simply states that my number is not available for transfer

@LeviMorrison that's is good, kind of. The original activation took the porting request.  Porting team should be able to sort out your porting port.   

Ticket to agent should be able to help login to My Account and refund for duplicated charges

LeviMorrison

I requested transferring the number the first time I tried to activate before finding the forums, and then yes tried the sim card at the same time. Then, I activated again using a temporary phone number. You got it

LeviMorrison

hello, when I change #, it simply states that my number is not available for transfer

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

Yes. But now that the OP has provided the additional info it explains the mess. It is also the result of pm yet again removing the fail safe of a one hour lock out session on activating a Sim card #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeviMorrison 

Uh oh....did you request porting the first time you tried activating? Did you try the Sim card at that time? Then you activated again using a temporary phone #? This would explain the issue you are having. Ignore all of my previous advice and contact customer support to sort it out. Is your koodo account still active after all of this?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LeviMorrison  Here’s a visual 

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1674355250970.png

Account #/ change # port

edit if it’s asks for the IMEI don’t give it , it’s not important and often times causes porting more hiccups 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeviMorrison 

If you are postpaid you can port in yourself thru your self serve account's profile page. Use the change number feature. Enter the following info:

1. Full name on your koodo account.
  2. Phone number to be ported in.
  3. Koodo account #.
  4. Provider=koodo.
  5. Alternate phone #>>optional but you can use a family member's, work or landline if you wish.
  6. Check the authorized to port box.

Put your koodo Sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. Your port will likely complete within a few minutes up to 2 hours maximum. But if it does not complete within a half hour then call the telus porting department phone number to  check on the status of your port.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

@LeviMorrison login to My Account and check that is the phone number showing there.  If the new number is there, that means the porting request has not out in yet. 

understand you have to trouble logging in.  Open ticket with PM support and have them fix that for you first, then you can check and submit porting request 

LeviMorrison

hello softech, I believe this was the case when I tried to sign up the first time. Then I found a forum stating to create a temporary number so I could log a help ticket after creating an account, so I did, and perhaps that is why there is so much trouble. 

cool @LeviMorrison  if it is postpaid and you requested port during activation, then the porting team can help

@LeviMorrison  Then the number @softech  sent you will hopefully be all you need . If I understand everything correctly 

LeviMorrison

Hello Handy, after looking up definition, I see I am postpaid. I use the phone, and am charged at the end of the month

@LeviMorrison  No worries we just here to help and sorry for asking questions on your thread to @darlicious @I’m still learning around here myself … so I’m curious are you Koodo prepaid or post paid. ?

@LeviMorrison let us know how it goes

So, you are able to make outgoing calls?? and incoming calls do not work, right??

LeviMorrison

Thank you @Handy1 ! Unfortunately, I continued to have an issue....really confusing as to why this is happening.

LeviMorrison

Fantastic, I have sent them a message included your provided info. I have been on the phone waiting for a representative for 12 minutes as well. Hoping I get through

Need Help? Let's chat.