cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having major problems transferring my Koodo number

LeviMorrison
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am having major difficulty transferring my Koodo number. I tried the following steps from reading community forums:

1. Activity Public Mobile Non-Koodo number. Create account. 

2. Click " Transfer number"

3. Connect to Chatbot, and explain issue

4. Be directed to log a help ticket

5. On the help ticket window, my email and community name do not work (I can sign in other areas through the site) so I cannot log a help ticket. I am stuck here....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

41 REPLIES 41

@darlicious  What’s tips you off that op has pre paid , the fact op says it wouldn’t let him list the number @darlicious 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@LeviMorrison 

It sounds like you are coming from koodo prepaid. Include in your private message to customer support for the refund the info needed for the CSA to transfer your phone number from its prepaid account to your pm account. Include the phone #, the koodo account# and the full name on your koodo account.

Also include the info needed to preverify your pm account. Do not post any of this info here....only in your private message to customer support. The telus porting department will be of no help to you for a prepaid koodo account phone # transfer.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@LeviMorrison @Loggin in issues are usually resolved by using incognito private mode clearing web browser , infact it suggested to to do so each time you log in pm web site has terrible cache issues 

@LeviMorrison first, call the porting team and see what is the porting status.

If they say no porting request there now, you can tag on the refund request ticket and check with PM support. 

to open ticket with PM. 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

LeviMorrison

That sounds great to me, that would really help me out. I cannot even log a ticket, as Public will not recognize my credentials on the ticket page, however, they recognize it on every other page...

@LeviMorrison  As @softech  asked is it Koodo pre paid or post paid 

@LeviMorrison you need to open ticket with PM support for the refund 

and can you receive incoming calls?  there is a porting team you can call to confirm the porting status, I will message you the number, check your Community inbox and call them now, they close at 10PM EST

LeviMorrison

They did not let me list the old Koodo number for transfer unfortunately

LeviMorrison

Hello Softech, thank you for helping out.

Credit card connected, seems I was charged twice. First time when I tried to connect, then it kicked me out. Second time the second time I tried to connect. 
No error message
I can text others at this time using my new number
I cannot log a help ticket for whatever reason

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LeviMorrison  Did you activate pm SIM card and port Koodo number ? Did you keep old Koodo SIM card in phone in phone to receive confirmation text from Koodo to port you would have 90 min window to do this 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@LeviMorrison are you on Koodo prepaid or postpaid?

did you check Credit card and see if PM changed you?

when you request porting, any error like 821 or 835?

did you put in the PM sim card and see if it connects and if you can make outgoing calls?

Need Help? Let's chat.