cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having issue's with creating my account on the public mobile website!!!

Npatts91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am having issue's creating my account on the Public Mobile website. I purchased a public mobile SIM card and got the phone number activated but when I try to create an account on the my account link on the Public Mobile website, it says that "* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here." So I clicked the link to recover the account because I have not even created an account yet just to check, and when I try to access the forgotten password by putting in my email address that I currently use it say this "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address." Can someone please help me with this problem because I really need my phone working for important personal things.

Thank You.

6 REPLIES 6

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Npatts91 ,

So if you activated in store, did you go here to register for a Self Serve account?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Npatts91 wrote:

Hi, I am having issue's creating my account on the Public Mobile website. I purchased a public mobile SIM card and got the phone number activated but when I try to create an account on the my account link on the Public Mobile website, it says that "* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here." So I clicked the link to recover the account because I have not even created an account yet just to check, and when I try to access the forgotten password by putting in my email address that I currently use it say this "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address." Can someone please help me with this problem because I really need my phone working for important personal things.

Thank You.

Hi @Npatts91 you must have activated in-store.  If you did, they sent your PIN# by text.  You will need your PIN# to verify your account.

I followed the steps you followed and got the same result... a dead end.  There are many glitches in the website that PM is trying to fix.  This could be one of them.

After activating in-store, the clerk should have asked you to try calling someone.  Did they ask you to do that?  If your sim card was activated properly, you would have been able to make calls and send texts almost immediately.  Receiving calls and text would follow in an hour of so.

Unless you are porting your number from another provider.  Then you should continue to use your old sim card to receive texts to validate your number transfer.  Reply to the text asap to continue your port.  Continue using your old sim card until it stops working, that means that your port is complete.

So am I correct so far?

Please give us more information so we can help you better.

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Npatts91 wrote:

Thank You.

@Npatts91 

Attached is the complete article on creating a self-serve account:

Create a Self-Serve account (publicmobile.ca)

Before you get too far into that, however, you stated in the last line that you "really need (your) phone working...".    Does this mean you DON'T have service?   You stated earlier in your post that you "got the phone number activated".    Please clarify.

I would recommend clearing cache & cookies, then opening an incognito tab, then trying to access whatever stage of the activation and/or account-creation that you're trying to complete.

If that doesn't work, and you're still getting the messaging which doesn't let you proceed, click on the SIMon chatbot and explain your issue and follow directions to get to creating a ticket for Moderator assistance.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Npatts91 As @JK8 noted, contact the moderator on the SIMon Chat and you want to create a ticket to moderator.

Since you have not completed the activation. Your old SIM should still work in your phone.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Npatts91 

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.