cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have credit but still can't make calls

yvez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've bought 35$ in credit in the last 24 hours for a 15$ plan. I've used less than 20 minutes of my 100 . I still have 20$ in credit on my account which was paid for on a voucher top up. Why is it when I try and make a call a message comes up saying I have used all available minutes in my plan.? Why the hell is this so difficult? I will never use public mobile again however in the meantime it would be really nice to actually get what you pay for

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@yvez 

It sounds like you are experiencing a common glitch for new users giving you that message that you do not have minutes to make a call. Powering off your phone and waiting 10 minutes and powering back on and calling a frequently called phone # by manually dialing the phone # with the (1) in front should allow the call to go thru and fix the issue.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yvez have you looked in your self serve account under data and addons there is a line for minutes used is that where you see 18 of 20 minutes used? if there is no line you have used them all, also there should be a line for the 500 minutes add on you bought if not you haven't bought that either you need to go back in and purchase the add on now if you see all that in your account and your phone won't work submit a ticket to the  CS_Agent. by clicking   Click here

HI @yvez   did you try to reboot your phone ?

If that does not work, try to reseat your sim and see if it works

yvez

I haven't used my minutes, I bought more minutes I have credit and it worked fine last night. It Cleary shows on my account that I've used 18 of a 100 mins. So I even bought more and it still doesn't work. Worst network ever

yvez

Also I've only used 18 mins out of 100 so like an idiot I bought more minutes and nothing works.

yvez

Already did that,still not working 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@yvez    If you've depleted the 100 mins available for calling out on the $15 plan, then adding money to the account doesn't get you extra minutes until you select the Purchase Add ons (My Data/Add-ons) halfway down the overview page and then select the $5/500 mins add-on.  You can purchase more than one multiple of that add-on as back up mins for those times you deplete available plan mins and domestic add-ons don't expire until fully used up.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yvez , the 15 dollar plan has 100 minutes per plan cycle.  If you have used up those minutes you will see it in the overview tab.  Adding funds does not renew the cycle.  That happens automatically on the renewal day or with forced renewal.  In your case, I would suggest you consider using some of the account funds to buy a minutes add-on ($5 for 500 minutes).  Alternatively you can renew to the $25 plan which has unlimited calling.  Choose the best option based on your needs and budget.  

Need Help? Let's chat.